FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Gender Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 21, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 07, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Gender Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Seven years
|November 21, 2023
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Fosters a gender-responsive organizational environment and ensure that gender dimensions are adequately integrated in all institutional processes and functions, including strategic planning, project design & implementation, monitoring, reporting and evaluation, staff learning and human resources management
- Ensures that program activities are carried out with cultural sensitivity while promoting gender equality and inclusion of marginalized groups
- Leads and conduct gender analyses, technical studies, and assessments on gender in relation to FAO’s mandate
- Develops targeted gender interventions where the gender gap is particularly wide
- Ensures programmes and projects target women, and/or focus on the promotion of gender equality
- Plans and implement the GALS gender and women empowerment approach in specific projects where applicable
- Provides technical guidance, monitoring and reporting on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse
- Ensures that project data is gender disaggregated, and data collection enables the measurement of women’s empowerment and youth participation
- Serves as the country focal point for gender mainstreaming, women’s empowerment and youth and social protection issues, identify and follow-up on opportunities to address specific issues to enhance women’s and youth contributions to food and nutrition security and income generation
- Proactively represent FAO and participate in gender and social protection working groups
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts
- Perform any other duties as specified
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 06/Nov/2023
- Closure Date: 21/Nov/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 12 months renewable
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- Advanced university degree in Gender Studies, Community Development and Population Studies, Social Science or other related fields of study
- 7 years of relevant experience in the field of gender, population and development
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English
- National of Zimbabwe
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
- Good knowledge of corporate information systems
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good communication and advocacy skills
How to Apply FAO Gender Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303361
The Closing Date: November 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy