UN Women Project Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
UN Women Zimbabwe looking for “Project Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before September 01, 2023.
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide.
UN Women Project Officer Jobs 2023
The UN Women has published a job vacancy announcement on August 25, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women)
|Project Officer, Women’s Economic Empowerment and Strengthening of National Institutions
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Seven years
|September 01, 2023
UN Women Job Vacancy 2023
Design and develop programme strategies around Women’s Economic Empowerment and the strengthening of national institutions portfolios
- Design and formulate programme/ project proposals and initiatives;
- Draft inputs to country strategy documents, briefs, policy dialogue and other documents related to Women’s Economic Empowerment and strengthening national institutions for gender equality in Zimbabwe
Manage the implementation of the Women’s Economic Empowerment programme and the strengthening of national institutions programme
- Finalize the annual workplan and budget and manage their implementation;
- Lead design and implementation of the programme/project; ensure synergies with other teams;
- Manage the selection of implementing partners, oversee their activities and ensure timely submission of quality implementing partner financial and narrative reports;
- Provide guidance to personnel and partners on Results Based Management tools, financial reporting, and performance indicators;
- Organize Project Steering Committee, project review and/or evaluation meetings, as needed.
Provide strategic guidance, technical assistance, and capacity development to project/programme partners
- Build and manage relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Women’s Economic Empowerment programme and national institutions strengthening programme; respond to any gaps that may be identified;
- Identify capacity building needs of partners and lead the coordination of technical assistance, mentoring, training and capacity development initiatives to partners.
- Provide support in validation, finalization preparation for required normative frameworks reporting
- Support establishment of a continuous CSO shadow monitoring and reporting framework for international and national GEWE normative commitments
- Provide support in preparation and adoption of Action Plans for the implementation of CEDAW Committee recommendations
Position in Organization:
- Location: Harare, ZIMBABWE
- Application Deadline: 01-Sep-23 (Midnight New York, USA)
- Time left: 7d 22h 43m
- Additional Category: Gender Equality
- Type of Contract: Service Contract
- Post Level: SB-5
- Languages Required: English
- Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 01-Nov-2023
- Duration of Initial Contract: 12 months
- Expected Duration of Assignment: 12 months
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social sciences, human rights, gender/women’s studies, international development, or a related field is required
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible work experience at the national or international level in design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development projects to advance gender equality including working with national institutions;
- Technical experience in Women’s Economic Empowerment;
- Strong knowledge of international, regional, and national instruments, resolutions, policies, and conventions that protect women’s human rights, including Convention for the Elimination of all Forms of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW), Beijing Platform for Action (BPFA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Strong links with national networks, actors and partners in government, civil society, traditional leaders, parliament, media, academia, private sector, including experience in strengthening capacities of national and local partners;
- Demonstrated skills in resource mobilization and familiarity with donor priorities in Zimbabwe.
- Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset;
- Experience working in the UN System is an asset;
- Experience in leading/managing a team is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset;
How to Apply UN Women Project Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=113794
The Closing Date: September 01, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- UN Women Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
- ILO Driver Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Strengthening WASH Sector Systems Consultant Jobs 2023
- UNICEF WASH Resilience Capacity Building Consultant Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Head of Exploration Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Call for Proposals: Developing the Masvingo Rural District Territorial Development Plan Jobs 2023
- UNESCO Call for Proposals: Developing A Tourism and Marketing Plan Jobs 2023