UNDP Doctor Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNDP Zimbabwe looking for “Doctor“. Applicants with a degree in Doctorate in Medicine (MD) may apply on or before March 19, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Doctor Jobs 2023
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on March 10, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Doctor to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Qualification||Doctorate in Medicine (MD)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||March 19, 2023|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of comprehensive primary health care with 24/7 emergency coverage and coordination for medical evacuation
Primary Health Care Services
- Primary clinical care to UN Common System personnel;
- Provide primary health care and emergency services in response to accidents occurring at the duty station for up to the approved number of personnel and their eligible dependents, with approved and established capacity for ambulatory patients per day;
- Conduct periodical medical examinations when needed and arrange for any necessary investigations;
- Perform minor surgical procedures under local anesthesia, e.g., sterilization and suture of wounds, excision of lumps;
- Perform emergency resuscitation procedures such as maintenance of airway and breathing, control of haemorrhage, and treatment of shock;
- Triage, stabilize, and evacuate a casualty to the next level of medical care;
- Maintain sufficient holding capacity for stabilization and support pending referral to higher-level care;
- Administer routine vaccinations and other disease prophylaxis measures required as per WHO advice for a respective country;
- Perform basic diagnostic and laboratory tests;
- Provide consultation and treatment for acute medical conditions for walk-in patients;
- Continue management or assist in the follow-up of previously diagnosed chronic medical conditions for which treatment has already been started;
- Provide necessary diagnostic tests required by clinical conditions, either onsite or through local referrals;
- Facilitate staff access to local medical facilities and ensure follow-up;
- Support and facilitate specialist consultations by telehealth measures;
- Provide early detection in mental health cases and arrange referral to appropriate specialists to facilitate proper treatment and follow up support.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 9099
- Locations: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Posting Date: 03/10/2023, 04:22 PM
- Apply Before: 03/19/2023, 09:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NPSA-10
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Health
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year
- Other Criteria: Doctorate (MD) – 7 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English, Shona and/or Ndebele
- Vacancy Timeline: 1 Week
- Mobility required/no mobility: no mobility required
- Doctorate in Medicine (MD) or equivalent qualification;
- Current registration without restrictions to practice medicine in Zimbabwe or another UN member state is required;
- Post graduate training in one of the clinical medical specialties (Note – formal post-graduate training in Occupational Health, Tropical Medicine, General Practice or Primary Care would be regarded as a medical specialty).
- MD (or equivalent) degree along with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of post graduate training.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible clinical management experience in one of the relevant areas of medicine.
- Experience in provision of comprehensive primary health care services and emergencies coverage;
- Knowledge in promoting health of the staff and ensuring medical compatibility with job requirements;
- Experience in evaluating, recommending, and arranging for medical evacuation to recognized regional medical evacuation centers in line with the policies and authority of the staff member’s or personnel’s respective organization and in collaboration with the organization’s medical service;
- Knowledge in conducting preventive health and health promotion programmes, i.e., blood pressure monitoring, screening of diabetes, screening for alcohol/substance abuse and smoking cessation.
Desired additional skills:
- Demonstrated experience working with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Knowledge of and experience in clinical, occupational and tropical/travel medicine;
- Formal training in CPR and, preferably in BCLS and ACLS or equivalent emergency medical care;
- Trauma management (fracture immobilization, wound and burns management, infection control, analgesia);
- Previous work experience in the UN/NGO environment is an asset;
- Additional training in Pre-Hospital Trauma Life support (PHTLS), ACLS, BLS, ATLS is an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in Shona and/or Ndebele is required.
How to Apply UNDP Doctor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/9099
The Closing Date: March 19, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- UNESCO Programme Specialist Jobs 2023
- UNDP Doctor Jobs 2023
- UNDP Procurement Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNDP Project Analyst Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Logistics Associate Jobs 2023
- UNICEF Deputy Representative Operations Jobs 2023
- CNFA Technical Advisor Consultant Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Senior Supply Chain Advisor Jobs 2023
- FAO Operations Officer Jobs 2023