UNESCO Programme Specialist (Culture) Jobs 2022 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Programme Specialist (Culture)“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) may apply on or before Oct. 12, 2022.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
UNESCO Programme Specialist (Culture) Jobs 2022
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on Sep. 13, 2022 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Specialist (Culture) to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)|
|Position||Programme Specialist (Culture)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Seven years|
|Application Deadline||Oct. 12, 2022|
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2022
- Supervise and coordinate the staff working in the field of culture.
- Ensure the delivery of Culture programme in the countries covered by the Office in line with the Culture sector’s strategies and priorities, particularly through capacity building, policy advice, technical assistance and networking of relevant stakeholders in the Culture sector’s field of competence and in the advocacy of the linkages between culture and development. This includes the preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of work plans, as well as the related reporting, in close cooperation with the Culture Sector at Headquarters, for both Regular Programme and voluntary contribution funded activities.
- Facilitate the coordination of the Culture Programme at sub-regional level by providing technical advice and guidance to the National Offices, Antennas and Focal Points of the sub-regional in the planning and development of programmes, projects and activities of the Culture Sector.
- Provide inputs, including data and statistics for the preparation of report and briefings on the implementation of programmes and projects funded by Regular Programme and voluntary contributions, using relevant tools, including the System of Information on Strategies, Tasks and Evaluation of Results (SISTER).
- Contribute to the overall delivery of the Office’s programme objectives and intersectoral working modalities.
- Ensure that UNESCO’s work is implemented in a coherent and integrated manner consistent with sector-wide frameworks and in collaboration with other UNESCO Field Offices.
Position in Organization:
- Post Number: 6ZWCLT0001RP
- Grade: P-4
- Parent Sector: Culture Sector (CLT)
- Duty Station: Harare
- Job Family: Culture
- Type of contract: Fixed Term
- Duration of contract: 2 years with possibility of renewal
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 12-OCT-2022
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the field of culture, social sciences, humanities, political science, international relations, or a related discipline.
- At least seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in the field of culture, with preferably three (3) years acquired at the international level.
- Proven experience in project management and resource mobilization.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage staff and teams in a multicultural environment.
- Analytical skills and ability to collect, synthesize and analyze information from various sources.
- Proven ability to identify emerging development trends in culture and sustainable development.
- Ability to provide policy advice and assistance to policy and decision makers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to prepare, present and discuss findings and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically, and to translate strategy into priorities and action.
- Ability to coordinate and negotiate with partners, network and different stakeholders.
- Very good IT skills, knowledge of Media and Information Literacy (MIL).
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written).
How to Apply UNESCO Programme Specialist (Culture) Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job/Harare-Programme-Specialist-(Culture)/754408502/
The Closing Date: Oct. 12, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|