UNOPS Logistics Senior Officer Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Logistics Senior Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 19th February, 2024.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Logistics Senior Officer Jobs 2024
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 03rd February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Logistics Senior Officer to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
|Logistics Senior Officer
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum One (01) Year
|19th February, 2024
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Specialist, the Logistics Senior Officer shall perform the following duties including, but not limited to:
- Plan and manage the coordination and implementation of logistics activities to ensure timely, cost effective service and safe delivery of goods to clients, in accordance with UNOPS Financial Rules and Regulations and UNOPS Procurement Manual.
- Manage the logistics component of the supply chain in coordination with the procurement Officers.
- Receipt of bid documents, review of the same, contracts and/or purchase orders as well as results of evaluation of bids/proposals and other formal/public documents.
- Ensure full compliance to the Financial Regulations and Rules of UNOPS and its Procurement Manual.
- Liaise and coordinate with partners, suppliers, freight forwarders and different government offices to ensure efficient and effective customs clearance and delivery of procured items.
- In collaboration with the procurement team, develop related storage and distribution strategies.
- Work with team member counterparts on logistics needs to deliver schedules and provide technical support on handling logistics and cost implications for safe delivery both internationally and nationally.
- Contributes in management of procurement contracts.
- Assists in development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Assists in planning, designing and implementation of appropriate logistics systems including warehousing and in-country transport capacity, including establishment of Long-Term Arrangements and frame agreements for e.g. customs clearance, storage, transport and distribution as might be required.
- Monitor the progress of shipments for UNOPS and its partners and coordinate the delivery of the same at the partners delivery places.
- Update partners, procurement officers, logistics teams about the procured items status from the time order is placed until it is finally delivered to partners.
- Maintain inventory and logistics related documents and files.
- Draft letters for dispatch to clients related to logistics & supply chain Management.
- Keep supervisor informed of the work progress and any risks or issues.
- Develop monitoring tools related to logistics activities and update on regular bases.
- Maintain and monitor the monitoring tool and identify and rectify operational hindrance.
- Supervise custom clearance and reception of the goods and ensure that they are well registered in the monitoring sheet.
- Explore methodology and suggest for improvements to enhance the operational efficiency of the team.
- Monitor performance of the suppliers.
- Arrange transportation of equipment & materials to the designated location, including loading and uploading and ensure issuance of proper documentation, i.e. delivery notes, packing list, insurance, etc.
- Assist in coordination of storage and distribution activities; operating procedures to ensure best practices on storage and delivery.
- Assist in ensuring that goods and services are provided according to partner’s needs.
- Follow partners’ complaint regarding the quality of the goods at reception time and report timely to the procurement officers.
- Travel to the regions within Ethiopia in support of any programme issues that require additional support services.
- Establish effective relations with the different project managers in a proactive manner.
- Raises logistics bottlenecks to supervisor for prioritisation.
- For emergencies: coordinates with logistics clusters, and ensures UNOPS interest and supplies are given appropriate priority.
- Organise training for the operations/ projects staff on logistics related processes and procedures.
- Assists in preparation and synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in logistics as well as procurement.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Job Tittle: Logistics Senior Officer
- Job categories: Procurement
- Vacancy code: VA/2024/B5333/27468
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Specialist
- Contract level: LICA Specialist-9
- Duration: Ongoing Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
- Application period: 02-Feb-2024 to 19-Feb-2024
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree) in Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement or related field is required.
- A first-level university degree (Bachelor’s Degree) in Purchasing Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement or related field in combination with four (4) years relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in logistics, operations management, supply chain management (warehouse management), and/or a combination of the above at the national or international level is required.
- At least one (1) year experience of working with International Commercial Terms (Incoterms) is required.
- Fluency in writing, reading and oral English is required.
- Knowldege of another UN Official language is an asset.
How to Apply UNOPS Logistics Senior Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=27468#1
The Closing Date: 19th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- UNICEF Country Programme Development Consultant Jobs 2024
- FHI 360 Senior Health and Nutrition Officer Jobs 2024
- UNESCO Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2024
- FAO National PSEA Specialist Jobs 2024
- UNDP Project Coordinator Jobs 2024
- UNDP International consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Health Specialist Jobs 2024