ILO Finance and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs.
ILO Nigeria looking for “Finance and Administrative Assistant”.
Applicants with a Completion of secondary school education may apply on or before 17 November 2023.
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN. The ILO has 187 member states: 186 out of 193 UN member states plus the Cook Islands. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with around 40 field offices around the world, and employs some 2,700 staff from over 150 nations, of whom 900 work in technical cooperation programmes and projects.
ILO Finance and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 06 November 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance and Administrative Assistant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
|International Labour Organization (ILO)
|Finance and Administrative Assistant
|Total Vacant Post
|Completion of secondary school education
|At least six years
|17 November 2023
ILO Job Vacancy 2023
Description of Duties:
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor a variety of complex financial documents, accounts to identify and investigate anomalies or wrongly posted transactions and to determine corrective action. These may include general ledger accounts, such as: major operating bank accounts; requests for replenishments of field bank accounts; field imprest accounts; development cooperation budgets; payment requests related to the project.
- Carry out all operations required for expenditures under development cooperation funding, ensuring the most rational use of the funds. This includes making calculations, requesting funds, checking supporting justifying documents and making payments. Review and request additional information on the financial reports of project implementing partners, ensuring compliance with ILO rules financial reporting guidelines, before submitting to the Finance Unit.
- Assist in monitoring accounts regarding allocations and expenditures and makes adjustments to optimise utilisation of the funds. Draft and clear administrative correspondence relative to budgetary matters to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information. Maintain project financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for daily transactions and reports.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and budgetary forecasts. Prepare background information, periodic and ad hoc reports for use in programme and budget preparations. Participate in budget analysis and projections as required and provides information upon request. In addition, participate in the preparation of financial data to be included in Financial Report and Audited Financial statements. Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for donor reporting, for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Completion of secondary school education with formal training in accounting and/or finance and administrative field
- At least six years of progressively responsible financial and administrative work, and some training in an administrative field. Experience in donor funded projects and with the UN system or an International NGO and in addition experience of working with an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system is a strong advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ILO Finance and Administrative Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 17 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Click Here to View
|Nigeria NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy