UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2022 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Special Assistant“. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 25th May 2022.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2022
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 14th May 2022 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Special Assistant to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
|Recruiter||United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)|
|Position||Special Assistant, Political Affairs|
|Location||Juba, South Sudan|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 05 years|
|Application Deadline||25th May 2022|
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2022
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) Juba, in the Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG). Juba is classified in the “E” category and as a non-family duty station. The Special Assistant will report to the Principal Coordination Officer in the Office of the SRSG.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Political Science, Management or Development or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible work experience in political affairs, diplomacy, conflict resolution or related area is required.
- Extensive experience in political and public outreach, strategic planning, facilitation, and reporting is required.
- Experience working in a United Nations common system field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping, political missions and UN agencies, funds, and programmes) or similar international organization or nongovernmental organization-in a conflict or post-conflict setting for a minimum of three years is required.
- Previous experience working in the office of a senior public official or as a special assistant to a senior public official is required.
- Experience in providing analytical advice on political developments and mandate implementation is required.
- Experience working with the African Union and Integrated Operational Teams at United Nations Headquarters is desirable.
- Previous professional experience in Sudan / South Sudan is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Job Opening Number: 22-Political Affairs-UNMISS-181239-J- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Special Assistant Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=181239
The Closing Date: 25th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Sudan NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|