RSCE Procurement Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
RSCE Uganda looking for “Procurement Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before March 14, 2024.
The Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE) was established in 2010 through General Assembly resolution 64/269 as part of the Global Field Support Strategy (GFSS). The overall objective of GFSS was to transform service delivery to field missions through a fundamental shift in the existing division of labour and a relocation of functions to improve responsiveness and address the needs of the field missions.
RSCE Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
The RSCE has published a job vacancy announcement on February 15, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five years
|March 14, 2024
RSCE Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Procurement Officer may be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of significant complexity related to worldwide procurement of diverse services and commodities for the United Nations Headquarters, the peace operations and the offices away from Headquarters, taking into account local economic and other conditions.
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly planned ones.
- Participates in negotiations with senior supplier representatives; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit, and, in cases where the amount exceeds authorized signature authority, prepares submissions to the Contracts Committee for review and subsequent approval by the authorized official.
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyzes statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of good and services.
- Collects and analyzes data to identify trends or patterns and provides insights through graphs, charts, tables and reports using data visualization methods to enable data driven planning, decision-making, presentation and reporting.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: PROCUREMENT OFFICER, P3
- Job Code Title: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
- Department/ Office: Department of Operational Support
- Location: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 14 February 2024-14 March 2024
- Job Opening number: 24-PRO-DOS-227693-R-ENTEBBE (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area is required.
- A minimum of two consecutive years of experience in conducting international tender exercises to award contracts for procurement of complex goods and services during the last five years is required.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP or similar system and/or working with e-tendering systems such as Ariba or similar system is desirable.
- Experience working in procurement process and procedures in support of a field operation (inclusive of peacekeeping operations, special political missions, agencies, funds and programmes), or other similar international organizations is desirable.
- Experience working with business intelligence systems and data analysis is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French or another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply RSCE Procurement Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rsce.unmissions.org/file/3566/download?token=ewenJ-EO
The Closing Date: March 14, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy