RSCE Telecommunications Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
RSCE Uganda looking for “Telecommunications Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in High School diploma may apply on or before March 08, 2024.
The United Nations Regional Service Centre in Entebbe is United Nations Peacekeeping office based in Entebbe, Uganda that provides services, such as administrative, logistics and information and communications technology to various United Nations missions.
RSCE Telecommunications Officer Jobs 2024
The RSCE has published a job vacancy announcement on February 12, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Telecommunications Officer to be based in ENTEBBE, Uganda.
|Regional Service Centre in Entebbe (RSCE)
|Total Vacant Post
|High School diploma
|Minimum Ten years
|March 08, 2024
RSCE Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Telecommunications Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Leads the design, installation, testing, commissioning, and decommissioning of various information communications technology (ICT) systems such as local area networks, metro-area networks, or country-wide or regional networks.
- Leads the introduction of new systems while managing legacy systems throughout their lifecycle.
- Drafts specifications and standards for ICT equipment such as hub routers and switching systems, and creates and maintains documentation, in particular
- Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and documentation describing the functioning of the infrastructure, etc.
- Provides support for developing technical specifications for equipment procurement; evaluates vendors’ proposals, performs tests, and recommends selection of ICT equipment.
- Establishes performance standards for telecommunications equipment and service and recommends corrective measures to improve service quality and operational performance.
- Provides planning support for rapid set-up and operation of ICT infrastructure from “scratch” at local and wide area levels, including visiting regions for technical reconnaissance missions.
- Provides engineering services for planning, implementing, and maintaining local and wide area telecommunications networks.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: TELECOMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, P3
- Job Code Title: TELECOMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Department/Office: Regional Service Centre at Entebbe
- Duty Station: ENTEBBE
- Posting Period: 08 February 2024 – 08 March 2024
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of Ten (10) years’ of progressively responsible professional experience in telecommunications, electronic data transmission, network design and experience in providing
- ICT operational support services or related field is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to five (5) Years for candidates who possess a first level university degree.
- Experience leading and managing medium to large Information Telecommunications
- Technology teams over diverse geographical and remote areas is required.
- Experience in designing, coordinating and delivering training and capacity building activities related to new and innovative technologies in a challenging environment is desirable.
- Experience providing services in Information and Telecommunications Technology Systems or related area in a field operation of the United Nations common system or comparable international organization or in a military operations environment is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
How to Apply RSCE Telecommunications Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: March 08, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy