FAO Communications Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. FAO Uganda looking for “Communications Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before April 12, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Communications Assistant Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on March 28, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Assistant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||April 12, 2023|
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate preparation and implementation of communication campaigns and activities in relation with the Forest Management and Sustainable Charcoal Value Chain project communication strategy;
- Collaborate in identification, preparation and dissemination of written or visual content and materials in relation to project activities, including success stories, documents, brochures, news articles, press releases, talking points, briefing notes, key messages, newsletters, opinion pieces and other communication outputs, ensuring consistency, accuracy and meeting the needs of target audiences.
- Draft content in connection with the project and the FAO Representation in Uganda, ensuring that text is accessible, dignified, informative and interesting and paying attention to accuracy, tone and house style and in line with FAO style, corporate branding, European Union and other relevant guidelines;
- Take part in planning and coordination of media outreach for upcoming events of the project and the FAO Representation in Uganda.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of communication efforts through regular reports, update and maintenance of relevant databases (photo, video, news archives, media, etc.).
- Support strengthening of FAO media relations and visibility by maintaining effective working relationships with journalists, including national and international media
- Promote a corporate image of FAO as an open / accessible, multidisciplinary institution with rapid response and action. This includes supporting technical staff and the FAO Representative in the preparation of presentations, interviews, programmes and FAO documents especially as they relate to the FAO/SPGS III project.
- Contribute to content development for website and social media for FAO Representation in Uganda, ensuring regular inclusion of project updates
- Participate in meetings and/or trainings scheduled and conducted by FAO and/or donors that support communication in the Organization.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 28/Mar/2023
- Closure Date: 12/Apr/2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRUGA – FAO Representation in Uganda
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Uganda-Kampala
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of rehire
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, or equivalent;
- At least five years of relevant experience in corporate communications, public relations;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in the Communication field, particularly in developing communication and visibility strategy and plan, conducting stakeholders mapping and analysis, developing communication contents and messages,
- Working knowledge of English.
- A National of Uganda.
- Excellent communication, networking, written and presentation skills
- Experience managing website, newsletter, and working with different social media platforms including twitter, Facebook, among others.
- Proven ability to build good relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including government institutions, NGOs, and local communities, and conduct fieldwork.
- Proven ability in drafting clearly and precisely in English.
- Proven ability to work independently under minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate workload, to make judgement and take initiative to carry out strategic activities.
- Understand gender and community engagement approaches.
- Working knowledge of MS office and relevant IT tools and software such as Adobe cloud suite.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel and internet research skills are desirable.
- Previous experience working on international donor projects is highly preferred.
How to Apply FAO Communications Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300919
The Closing Date: April 12, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- WHO Finance Assistants Jobs 2023
- Baylor IPC Coordinator Jobs 2023
- NRC Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Assistant Jobs 2023
- NRC Shelter and WASH Officer Jobs 2023
- UNODC Intern – Administration Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Assistant Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor Project Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor Human Resources Officer Jobs 2023