GAYO Climate Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
GAYO Uganda looking for “Climate Officer”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before June 15, 2023.
GAYO is a youth-led gender-balanced Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that advocates for environmental sustainability and community development. Founded in 2014, GAYO is dedicated to raising awareness, educating and building the capacity of different stakeholders to adopt sustainable environmental practices that satisfy the needs of the present generation without compromising the ability of future generations to have a good quality of life. To achieve its objective, GAYO works with various institutions and multiple levels of governance to implement climate change, circular economy and disaster risk reduction projects within communities.
GAYO Climate Officer Jobs 2023
The GAYO has published a job vacancy announcement on May 27, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Climate Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Green Africa Youth Organization (GAYO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||June 15, 2023|
GAYO Job Vacancy 2023
Position Role and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Programmes Manager and Director to deliver the implementation of the project activities in the targeted pilot cities in accordance with the project objectives.
- Lead climate projects in Uganda; oversee youth engagement and climate policy agendas.
- Be responsible for the coordination and management of capacity-building events in Uganda. Deliver project presentations, training, workshops and seminars where required to facilitate climate change awareness creation.
- Oversee the collection of climate change adaptation, resilience and loss and damage data in Uganda while creating and maintaining the database for ongoing and pipeline project stakeholders.
- Establish, maintain and improve mutual and beneficial relationships with relevant governmental and non-governmental agencies and other project stakeholders.
- Serve as a representative of the organization at meetings and forums relating to all projects and GAYO’s work.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Climate Officer
- Duration: 1 Year
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Start date: July 1, 2023
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in Projects related to climate change
- Prior experience working with Civil Society Organizations (CSO) at the national, regional and international levels including evidence-based experience working with development partners, local government and other relevant stakeholders.
- Existing theoretical and practical knowledge of national, regional and international climate change policy processes. This includes familiarity with the National Adaptation Plan, Nationally Determined Contributions, National Climate Change Policy, Paris Agreement, AU / EAC and UNFCCC processes, etc.
- Personal organization, ability to manage workload, and take initiative.
- Good communication skills, planning and coordination & reporting, and expectation management.
- Familiarity with virtual working tools including Zoom, Teams, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Detailed-oriented and an ability to work with low supervision
How to Apply GAYO Climate Officer Jobs 2023
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Climate Officer GAYO’ as the subject line.
- Your application package should consist of: a one-page cover letter stating your interest in the role and highlighting your relevant achievements in the role and a recent CV – all these merged into one single pdf. Not more than 5 MB in size
- Indicate the possible start date in your application.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- Plan International Project Coordinator WASH and Climate Change Jobs 2023
- Chapter Four Accountant Jobs 2023
- Action Against Hunger Nutrition Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC MEAL Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Senior Safety and Security Manager Jobs 2023
- Welthungerhilfe Head of Programmes Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Senior Human Resources Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNDP Economics/Programme Analyst Jobs 2023