UNHCR Project Manager Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNHCR Uganda looking for “Project Manager”.
Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before September 01, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
UNHCR Project Manager Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on August 18, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Project Manager to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||September 01, 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
The project manager will perform the below:
- Build and maintain effective contacts and relationships with all stakeholders, namely the authorities, donors, partners.
- Identify potential gaps and obstacles in implementation of the project, recommend appropriate solutions to ensure the continued efficient implementation of projects activities
- Stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that could have an impact on the implementation of the project.
- Consistently apply international and national norms, including UNHCR standards, SOPs and the Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that necessary expertise is provided in the context of the projects.
- Ensure follow-up with all key external actors in charge of implementing the project.
- Provide the needed support to effectively carry out the activities foreseen by the work plan.
- Provide the necessary information to the reporting officer to ensure the timely financial and narrative reporting.
- Liaise with the concerned partners and authorities in relation to the project.
- Ensure a close coordination with all relevant units and offices to ensure a quality implementation, reporting on and monitoring of activities.
- Assist in establishing new cooperation that serves the project’s objectives.
- Monitor activities as determined in the project and update the work plan as required.
- Ensure quality reporting by providing all supporting documentation.
- Ensure compliance of UNCHR’s project implementation, management and reporting with established policies, guidelines, procedures, and standards
- Contact the beneficiaries of the activities to discuss and ensure their implementation.
- Coordinate with internal units (protection, administration, technical focal points and program) with a view to implement the activities in accordance with UNHCR’s rules.
- Report situations or difficulties that could prevent the proper implementation of the activities.
- Advise on improvements that could be made in managing and implementing the project.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted Today
- job requisition id: JR2325199
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Staff Member / Affiliate Type: UNOPS IICA2
- Target Start Date: 2023-09-18
- Job Posting End Date: September 1, 2023
- Years of Experience / Degree Level: For P3 – 6 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 5 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 4 years relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- Field(s) of Education: Law; International Law; Political Science; or other relevant field. (Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- Certificates and/or Licenses: A project/programme management certification would be an added advantage.
Relevant Job Experience:
- Previous work experience in partnerships and project management, programme, M&E and reporting.
- Experience working in development and humanitarian sector.
- Experience working in refugees in displacement settings.
- Strong experience in interacting with and building partnerships and synergies with Governments, UN agencies, NGOs and civil society organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively work and communicate with people in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good knowledge of the UN system, its operational procedures and exposure to provision of support services in an International Organization.
- Fluency in English with excellent drafting and analytical skills is required. Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Desirable: Excellent presentation skills. Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills. Diverse field experience. Good IT skills including database management skills.
- EL-Monitoring and Evaluation
- CO-Drafting and Documentation
- SO-Presentation skills
- MG-Project Management
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Project Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 01, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- Evidence Action Community Service Assistant Jobs 2023
- Baylor Finance and Administration Assistant Jobs 2023
- Baylor Volunteer Epidemiologist Jobs 2023
- Baylor Volunteer Data Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor Volunteer Medical Logistics Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor Volunteer Medical Officer Jobs 2023
- Baylor Volunteer Laboratory Officer Jobs 2023
- TASO Data Clerks Jobs 2023
- Health Access Connect Family Planning Field Officer Jobs 2023
- IRC Illustration and Graphic Designer Jobs 2023