WFP Procurement Officer (Food) Jobs 2022 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Procurement Officer (Food)“. Applicants with a degree in University degree may apply on or before July 11, 2022.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Procurement Officer (Food) Jobs 2022
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on June 29, 2022 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer (Food) to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||World Food Programme (WFP)|
|Position||Procurement Officer (Food)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||July 11, 2022|
WFP Job Vacancy 2022
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
The position will report the Head of procurement at the Kampala country office. Job holder will also work under the close support and guidance of a more experienced professional staff members at the Country Office receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed. Job Profile: Procurement Officer, SC8. Page 2 of 3 The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- The position will strengthen the coordination between programs and supply chain at country to effectively implement the local and regional procurement policy to maximize the participation of smallholders in WFP triggered food demand. Lead the implementation of the regional and local food procurement policy at the Uganda Country Office while demonstrating the highest level of personal integrity and professionalism, strict compliance to WFP’s policies and procedures
- Act as focal point with the national agro market stakeholders (e.g., farmer organizations), actively participate in forums and contribute to the development procurement plans, policies on grain trade, country reserve and others.
- Collect and analyze market intelligence information, be on top of the regional or local market trends, monitoring of the changes in harvest seasons, climatic patterns affecting crop harvests in the country (Uganda).
- Coordinate Master Card Foundation (MCF) supply chain related activities and implementing at scale the Local Regional Food Procurement Policy (LRFPP) to ensure the policy is scaled up with the key programmatic considerations such as facilitating relationship building between the registered traders and processors and farmer groups or organizations
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID 166835
- Posted 27/06/2022
- Short Term-SC WFP – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – Kampala
- Education: The ideal candidate for Procurement officer job placement should hold Advanced degree (from a recognized university) in food science and technology, Agricultural science, procurement, economics, supply chain, commerce, business administration or other relevant field or First University degree with more than 5 years relevant professional experience. Additional and related professional qualifications and experience will be an added advantage.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the English language.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- At least five (5) or more years of progressive work in procurement, particularly in food procurement, out grower aggregation or schemes, with experience in coordinating procurement activities in larger operations gained from reputable organizations. • Experience in managing the physical purchases of commodities/products/services in complex situation
- Experience developing procurement plans, with timelines and cost reports for suppliers (e.g., retailers, wholesalers, and traders).
- Demonstrated experience coordinating procurement process with other units/teams
- Good working knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Power point.
- General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations, and procurement procedures is desirable.
How to Apply WFP Procurement Officer (Food) Jobs 2022
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: July 11, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2022|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|