IRC Senior Protection Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
IRC Uganda looking for “Senior Protection Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 12, 2024.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Senior Protection Officer Jobs 2024
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on January 30, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Protection Officer to be based in Lamwo, Uganda.
|International Rescue Committee (IRC)
|Senior Protection Officer
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Three years
|February 12, 2024
IRC Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and ensure timely implementation of work plans and procurement plans for all protection and Rule of law activities.
- Effectively manage all budget items under his/her responsibility to ensure spending is timely and in accordance with donor requirements.
- Prepare weekly and monthly project progress reports for submission to Deputy PROL Coordinator.
- Work closely with Deputy PROL Coordinator to develop appropriate training materials, guidance and procedures for Protection and Legal Officers.
- Maintain clear records and data on all aspects of implementation relating to Protection and Legal Case Management support to beneficiaries.
Staff Management & Technical Guidance
- Provide direct supervision to Protection and Legal Officers.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure staff adherence to best practices in the approach and response to protection issues/concerns.
- Clearly define training needs of direct reports and ensure they can access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit, oversight and guidance to staff enabling successful performance of duties.
- Provide leadership support for successful implementation of and adherence to IRC Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures
- Lead with commitment, integrity, and accountability to the ‘IRC Way’- Global Standards for Professional Conduct
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req48091
- Job Title: Senior Protection Officer
- Sector: Protection and rule of law
- Employment Category: Regular
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Lamwo, Uganda
- A Degree in a relevant field such as Law, Sociology, Social Work, Education, and the Humanities is essential.
- At least three (3) years of prior professional experience in protection programming and working with vulnerable individuals or communities.
- Experience in managing Protection concerns with vulnerable individuals.
- Experience implementing protection interventions, including protection Analysis, information and counselling, protection and Legal incident case management and support to Persons with Specific Needs
- Experience working with other partners and functions e.g. Partner Coordinators, UNHCR and INGOs
- Good background in Protection and legal assistance, as well as demonstrable ability in the identification, referral, and support of vulnerable cases
- Experience managing and working with a diverse team.
- Experience writing reports, developing work plans.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
- Excellent ability to interpret, analyze and synthesize information in a fast‐paced environment.
- Good knowledge of general protection principles, strategies, and interventions
- Excellent organizational skills, timeliness, ability to determine priorities and great attention to detail.
- Proactive, flexible, team spirited and willing to learn.
- Good computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
How to Apply IRC Senior Protection Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/48091?c=rescue
The Closing Date: February 12, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs
- UNHCR Senior Registration Assistant Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Human Resources and Administration Manager Jobs 2024
- Palladium Group Intervention Manager – GESI Jobs 2024
- Palladium Group Intervention Manager – Livestock Jobs 2024
- Palladium Group Consultant – Distribution of organic soil and crop protection products Jobs 2024
- Palladium Group Consultant – Soil Testing Jobs 2024
- Mercy Corps Program Assistant Jobs 2024
- Evidence Action Officer Finance Jobs 2024
- Mercy Corps Senior MEL Officer Jobs 2024