UNDP WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNDP Uganda looking for “WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before February 25, 2024.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2024
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on February 07, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer to be based in Mbarara, Uganda.
|United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
|WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Two years
|February 25, 2024
UNDP Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Responsibilities
Key Functions and Accountabilities
Contribute technically to the development of programme strategies in the area of Women, Peace, Security, and Gender in Humanitarian action.
- Provide substantive inputs to the design and formulation of programme/project proposals and initiatives.
- Identify areas for support and intervention related to the programme.
- Support Genders Assessments and Analyses in SW Uganda and in the refugee settlement targeting new arrivals, existing refugees, and host communities. Develop/establish contingency/response plan relating to hazards and risks in the region.
- Coordinate the dissemination of early warning and early action information through the implementing partners.
Provide technical support to the design and formulation, implementation and management of the Women, Peace, Security and Gender in Humanitarian action programme.
- Provide technical inputs to the annual workplan and budget as required.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of programme activities.
- Coordinate the call/request for proposals, including the organization of technical review committees, and capacity assessment of and onboarding of partners.
- Review, coordinate and monitor the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Train partners on Results Based Management.
Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project/programme partners.
- Provide technical support to and technically oversee the implementation of the programme activities with partners.
- Maintain relationships with national partners to support implementation & expansion of the WPSHA programme.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate and facilitate technical/programming support and trainings to partners as needed.
Position in Organization:
- LOCATION: Mbarara, UGANDA
- TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract
- STARTING DATE: 01-Apr-2024
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25-Feb-24 (Midnight New York, USA)
- POST LEVEL: SB-4
- DURATION OF INITIAL CONTRACT: 1 year
- TIME LEFT: 18d 21h 21m
- LANGUAGES REQUIRED: English
- EXPECTED DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT: 1 year
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Social Sciences, Humanitarian leadership, Human Rights, Gender/Women’s studies, Public/Business Administration and Management, International Relations and Development Studies.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively advanced level responsible experience in Programme/Project development, implementation, management, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
- Strong experience in Humanitarian/emergency affairs management and Disaster Risk Reduction programming
- Experience in Women, Peace and Security, and Humanitarian Action is essential.
- Relevant experience in working with civil society organizations, donor agencies, Agencies, and Departments of Government is an asset.
- Experience in the United Nations systems in an asset.
- Fluency in English and any other Local language is required.
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
How to Apply UNDP WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=115298
The Closing Date: February 25, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy