ILO South Africa looking for “Office Support Assistant”.
Applicants with a Secondary school education may apply on or before 16th February 2024.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
ILO Office Support Assistant Jobs 2024
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 26th January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Office Support Assistant to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|International Labour Organization (ILO)
|Office Support Assistant
|Pretoria, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Secondary school education
|Minimum 04 years
|16th February 2024
ILO Job Vacancy 2024
Reporting lines: The Office support Assistant (OSA) will primarily provide support the EPWP team at national and extended support to the team in Polokwane. The EPWP team works embedded within the National Department of Public Works and Infrastructure. Therefore, the OSA will also work with the broader EPWP Branch partners. The OSA will report to the national Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and work under the overall supervision of the Director of the DWT/CO Pretoria.
- Completion of Secondary school education plus formal training in accounting, finance or business administration from a recognized commercial school or equivalent.
- Four years of experience in clerical administrative work including record keeping and processing of information and basic knowledge of report writing.
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of one of the official national languages of South Africa.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and proficient in the use of standard office equipment.
- Good knowledge of PC software (including word processor and spreadsheet and presentation software) such as Microsoft Office.
- In addition to the ILO core competencies [Integrity and transparency, Sensitivity to diversity, Orientation to learning and knowledge sharing, Client orientation, Communication, Orientation to change,
- Takes responsibility for performance, Quality orientation, Collaboration], this position requires:
- Ability to work within the applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new software and systems.
- Ability to search, retrieve and compile information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to draft standard correspondence.
- Ability to reply in an appropriate manner to telephone, email and in-person inquiries.
- Ability to maintain records and files and update databases.
- Attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
- A high degree of discretion with sense of responsibility in dealing with confidential matters.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.
- Job ID: 11567
- Department: RO-Africa
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract duration: 12 months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ILO Office Support Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.ilo.org/job………
The Closing Date: 16th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy