FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Land and Water Resources Management Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 22, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 08, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Land and Water Resources Management Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
|Land and Water Resources Management Specialist
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Ten years
|November 22, 2023
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Plan and lead components of multi-disciplinary teams, leads and/or participates in internal committees, project teams, and working groups and/or provides specialized expertise on technical networks and/or international technical policy and/or international technical policy and standard setting bodies;
- Develop technical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks, and related methodologies, tools, systems, and databases etc. to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of programmes of work, projects, products and/or services;
- Design and conduct research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative approaches and strategies, new tools, technologies, technical reports/publications, and/or policy proposals as well as the provision of technical/policy/specialist/advice and expertise;
- Respond to country requests for technical and policy assistance, provides technical advice, assistance and solutions to Decentralized Offices and provides technical backstopping to field projects;
- Collaborate in, provide technical backstopping to and ensure the quality / effectiveness of capacity development and knowledge sharing activities within member countries such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events including preparation of related information, learning materials, on-line tools;
- Promote international cooperation/advocate best practices, increased policy dialogue and provides technical expertise at international/intergovernmental meetings;
- Participate in resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate strategy
- Perform any other duties as required
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 07/Nov/2023
- Closure Date: 22/Nov/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: SFS
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: Consultant
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 11 months
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- Advanced university degree in natural resources management, environment, hydrology, Irrigation, Water Resources Management or related field.
- Ten years of relevant experience in land and Water resources and environmental related activities, including natural resources /ecosystem assessment and management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
How to Apply FAO Land and Water Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303383
The Closing Date: November 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy