UNECA Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Senior Administrative Assistant”.
Applicants with a High School Diploma may apply on or before 05th March, 2024.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2024
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 07th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Administrative Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
|Senior Administrative Assistant
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|High School Diploma
|Minimum Eight (08) years
|05th March, 2024
UNECA Job Vacancy 2024
- Facilitating the timely flow of documents/communication/messages to and from the Deputy Executive Secretary;
- Receives all incoming correspondences addressed to the Deputy Executive Secretary’s Office; manages the time of the Deputy Executive
- Secretary, including establishing/ arranging appointments, maintaining the Deputy Executive Secretary’s calendar, receiving and directing visitors, placing and screening calls and answering queries, making contacts with
embassies, UN agencies, international institutions, government offices, SROs, etc.;
- Handling and maintaining policy, confidential, and general management files, including all correspondences;
- Drawing the Deputy Executive Secretary’s attention to important, sensitive, and time-bound information. Following up the implementation of assignments from the Deputy Executive Secretary to staff;
- Establishing and maintaining a document/ work assignment tracking system including receiving, screening, logging, and routing as well as maintaining a system for follow-up and retrieval;
- Maintaining chronological file on all outgoing and incoming correspondences; making travel arrangements for the Deputy Executive Secretary including travel itinerary, booking, logistical requirements, visa, all protocol, and other administrative matters;
- Maintaining regular contact with the Deputy Executive Secretary while on missions; when the nature of correspondence is urgent and important, bring it to the attention of the Deputy Executive Secretary immediately, sometimes calling her from a meeting, while on mission by phone wherever she may be when absent from duty station;
- In her absence, ensure that such correspondence is brought to the attention of responsible officials and take appropriate follow-up action; updating mailing lists and other relevant contacts;
- Checking and clearing for format presentation and accuracy of all outgoing correspondences submitted for the Deputy Executive Secretary’s signature;
- Monitoring all outgoing calls made by staff in the Office of the Deputy Executive Secretary/ consultants including maintaining proper records and submitting reports to Finance.
- Drafting on the request of the Deputy Executive Secretary routine correspondences like letters, memos, note verbales, etc.;
- Using email for the exchange of information, including dispatching all outgoing mail.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
- Job Opening ID: 223306
- Job Network : Management and Administration
- Job Family : Administration
- Category and Level : General Service and Related Categories, G-7
- Duty Station : ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office : Economic Commission for Africa
- Date Posted : Feb 5, 2024
- Deadline : Mar 5, 2024
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support
services or related functions are required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to eight (8) for candidates who possess a first-level university degree or higher.
- Experience in filing and using office equipment is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNECA Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/223306?language=en
The Closing Date: 05th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy