UNOAU Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNOAU Ethiopia looking for “Facilities Management Assistant”.
Applicants with a High School Diploma may apply on or before 28th February, 2024.
The United Nations Office to the African Union (UNOAU) was established on 1 July 2010 by UN General Assembly Resolution 64/288. The Office integrated three existing offices: Department of Political Affairs (DPA) Liaison Office, the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) AU Peace Support Team and the Department of Field Support (DFS) Planning Team for Somalia to support the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), as well as the support component of the United Nations and African Union Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) Joint Support Coordination Mechanism (JCM) office in Addis Ababa.
UNOAU Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2024
The UNOAU has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Facilities Management Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Office to the African Union (UNOAU)
|Facilities Management Assistant
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|High School Diploma
|Minimum of Three (03) Year’s
|28th February, 2024
UNOAU Job Vacancy 2024
Within delegated authority, the Facilities Management Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, schedules, and supervises construction, repair, maintenance and installation of conventional buildings, temporary buildings, infrastructure, sites and premises including grounds in the mission area.
- Plans, schedules, supervises, and coordinates maintenance services of installations, systems and equipment throughout the buildings;
- Receives, analyses, and reviews service requests, including installations of equipment; determines priority of work, plans and prepares work orders, assigns work and follows up on service complaints. Coordinates with requesting departments in case of changes in requirements and suggests alternatives or interim solutions. Trains users on equipment installed.
- Carries out technical assessments of existing buildings and infrastructure.
- Assists the supervisor in preparing draft proposals for construction and alternations work including preparation of construction drawings, technical specifications, bills of quantity and cost estimates.
- Conducts technical reviews of offers submitted and studies drawings and sketches for review and discussion to determine extent of work required; presents alternatives as solution of problems. Accompanies all contractors to job locations, clarifies drawings and specifications after contract has been awarded to successful contractor.
- Supervise and coordinates with contractors performing construction and alteration work to ensure that quality of services performed by the contractors is in accordance with set terms and conditions, codes and standards, health and safety regulations and objectives. Does final inspection, supervises the commissioning of the work, claim operation manuals and shop drawings for files, and informs supervisor of completion of work.
- Prepares and writes requisitions for purchase of equipment, material, spares, etc.; reviews and evaluates offers and coordinates with procurement unit.
- Provides support services to conference and meetings, sessions, language examinations in coordination with Conference Services and other requesting departments and maintains liaison with focal points.
- Participates in the preparation of cost estimates and spending plan related to the Unit accounts. Prepares yearly budget estimates and monthly tables of prorated changes for common services, and monthly/yearly consumption and expenditure tables as well as charts of general operating expenses.
- Suggests ways to institute control and methods to improve service and reduce cost for the field mission.
- Coordinates investigation on safety and fire hazard situations associated with installation done by the Unit.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Tittle: Facilities Management Assistant
- Job Opening ID: 226096
- Job Network: Logistics, Transportation and Supply Chain
- Job Family: Facilities Management
- Category and Level: General Service and Related Categories, G-6
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: United Nations Office to the African Union
- Date Posted: Jan 30, 2024
- Deadline: Feb 28, 2024
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in facilities management, building management, engineering, architecture, administrative services or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced by two years for candidates who possess a first-level University degree.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system e.g., Umoja or similar, with international organization is desirable.
- Experience in property management including asset registration and physical verification is desirable.
- Experience in using Business Intelligence (BI) reporting tool is desirable.
- Experience in acquisition planning and raising requisition (shopping cart) is desirable.
- Experience in generating, reviewing, analyzing property performance report is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the advertised post, fluency in English, both oral and written is required; Knowledge of Ahmaric is desirable.
How to Apply UNOAU Facilities Management Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/226096?language=en
The Closing Date: 28th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy