UNICEF Warehouse Associate Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Ethiopia looking for “Warehouse Associate”.
Applicants with a Completion of Secondary Education may apply on or before 23rd February, 2024.
UNICEF is a Christian international relief and development agency working globally to end poverty and injuries and to restore hope in some of the world’s poorest communities. UNICEF have the vision to see 50 million people released from material and spiritual poverty through a worldwide network of 100,000 local churches. We operate in more than fifty countries around the world.
UNICEF Warehouse Associate Jobs 2024
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Warehouse Associate to be based in Mekelle, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
|Total Vacant Post
|Completion of Secondary Education
|Minimum of Six (06) Year’s
|23rd February, 2024
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate warehousing and inventory management processes in support of the country programme implementation. Ensure accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are in place, and relevant records are properly maintained.
- Assess availability of space and prepare stacking and storage plans to ensure appropriate storage and optimize use of space.
- Supervise receipt of consignments and dispatch of supplies.
- Carry out regular physical counts of inventory in the warehouse. Prepare documentation for commodity disposal through Property Survey Board committee.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans prior to UNICEF programming/contingency commodities arrivals.
- Prepare dispatch schedule on the basis of distribution plans and consignee details provided by program sections and/or release order marking for every warehouse stock item on a regular basis.
- Coordinate with the contracted transport company on the need for types and numbers of truck requirements to distribute supplies as per dispatch scheduled on a timely basis.
- Organize and handle monitoring system for collection of Governments Receipts (Model 19s) and provide quarterly report on regular basis.
- Vision inventory database is accurate, maintained properly and updated regularly.
- Supervise performance of Daily Laborers and the security guards and provide guidance on how to handle incoming and outgoing supplies and persons during and after working hours. Report on irregularities when observed.
- In collaboration with supervisor, develop close collaboration with programme sections through involvement in programme design, planning, and preparation for implementation of supply components as well as monitoring and evaluation. Establish accountability framework with programmes, for delivery of results for children.
- Support assessment of and collaboration with implementing partners including civil society, establishment of Programme Cooperation Agreements (PCAs), and monitoring of supply components under Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfers (HACT).
- Participate in events/meetings that build partnerships and collaborative relations with Government, UN organizations and bilateral counterparts in supply and logistics activities including harmonized and collaborative procurement.
- Ensure that all local supplies should have Purchase Orders, Delivery notes and pre-inspection report prior to receive into the warehouse.
- Assists in the maintenance and management of UNICEF Warehouse and Inventory Management ERP VISION by providing support in receiving, Dispatch.
- Conduct periodically physical stock checking and update bin cards to ensure the accuracy of physical stock balance with the VISION.
- Ensure that the supplies are distributed based on the FIFO/LIFO method to minimize loss due to expiry and damage.
Position in Organization:
- Job Tittle: Warehouse Associate
- Job no: 569123
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Duty Station: Mekelle
- Level: G-6
- Location: Ethiopia
- Categories: Supply Management
- Advertised: 12 Feb 2024 E. Africa Standard Time
- Deadline: 25 Feb 2024 E. Africa Standard Time
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to supply chain, business administration, contract/commercial law, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative experience in supply chain management or a commercial context is required. Understanding of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and local language of the duty station is required.
How to Apply UNICEF Warehouse Associate Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/569123
The Closing Date: 23rd February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children CP Officer Jobs 2024
- Save The Children TSFP Officer Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Knowledge and Data Management Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Finance Lead Jobs 2024
- Save the Children ECDE Teacher Education Play Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children ECDE Creative Content Development Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Education Cluster Information Management Specialist Jobs 2024