Save the Children Finance Lead Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Finance Lead”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 17th February, 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
Save the Children Finance Lead Jobs 2024
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 12th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Finance Lead to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Save the Children
|Finance Lead for USAID/LEGO Childhood Development Activity
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of Eight (08) Year’s
|17th February, 2024
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2024
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Leads the development and periodic revisions of the USAID/LEGO CDA annual budget and annual/periodical projections of expenditures and funds in coordination with the Awards and CO finance team.
- Works with CDA team members, implementing partners’ finance officers, Area/Field Office finance coordinators on budget realignments and revisions when required.
- Ensures that all donor budgets are mapped in both SCI and donor formats and are accurately phased and linked to the Master budget.
- Ensures that all budgets are entered into the financial system- Agresso and phased correctly.
- Ensures consistency between budget and narrative and that the budget is tailored, reflecting relevance to and compliance with SCI and donor requirements.
- Monitors and provides technical support to implementing partners to ensure that they produce quality budgets and financial reports.
- Ensures that implementing partners have strong internal controls, accounting policies and procedures including robust reporting requirements.
- Ensures that effective systems are put in place, and regularly reviewed, to allow adequate financial management and control.
- Guides program staff in periodic budget reviews (at least once per month), prepares budget amendments as necessary and supports them to build systems and processes on financial skill to reduce risks.
- Ensures that implementing partners (IPs) submit good quality financial reports on time, monthly summary accounts including cash flow and other information as defined and share on a timely basis.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports aligned with IPs as per the templates of donors and SCI.
- Leads the process of periodic financial expenditure analysis and reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) and ensures a proper financial tracking mechanism is in place for both CDA core team and implementing partners.
- Facilitates and supports various audits and closure of audit findings.
- Ensures financial transactions are adequately supported, documented, reviewed and validated before being input into FMS/Agresso for data quality and coding accuracy of transactions.
- Reviews monthly financial reports to ensure the correctness of information before closing the accounts.
- Puts a system in place that limits exposure to transactions that are questionable and establishes a follow up plan to clarify the allowability of the charges with the budget holders of CDA
- Coordinates preparation of control reports, responds to findings and recommends solutions or action plans;
- Ensures proper accounting for partner advances and liquidations, periodic monitoring of partners on-site for spot checking adequate documentation of transactions, and reconciliation of partner related accounts.
- Reviews and checks recognition of monthly and year-end accruals and deferral adjustments per SCI policy.
- Ensures all relevant budgets versus actual (BVA) reports are provided to the Awards management team and senior management team on a monthly basis in order that budget monitoring meetings can be held and explanations for the variance documented and action plans are laid out.
- Ensures all donor financial reports are produced in a timely manner, using the correct formats. Work closely with Awards unit to streamline the donor reporting requirements.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Finance Lead
- Job Identification: 5910
- Job Category: Business Support
- Posting Date: 08/02/2024, 13:47
- Apply Before: 17/02/2024, 13:46
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from recognized University in Accounting and/or Finance.
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience, out of which 5 years’ experience directly related to financial management with USAID and LEGO funded programs.
- Demonstrable experience of managing large-scale operational budgets up to execution and will ideally offer a track record in overseeing a successful new system and processes implementation.
- Experience of statutory accounting management
- Experience in building the financial management capacity of local and international NGO staff.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
How to Apply Save the Children Finance Lead Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/5910
The Closing Date: 17th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- Save the Children ECDE Teacher Education Play Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children ECDE Creative Content Development Specialist Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Education Cluster Information Management Specialist Jobs 2024
- OHCHR Human Rights Officer Jobs 2024
- United Nations Secretariat Regional Communications Intern Jobs 2024
- United Nations Secretariat Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor Jobs 2024
- United Nations Secretariat Staff Assistant Jobs 2024