UN Habitat Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Coordination Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 September 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 18 August 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Coordination Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of five years|
|Application Deadline||28 September 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars; coaches, mentors, and evaluates staff; participates in recruitment and development of training programs;
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources
- Prepares responses to written outputs e.g. draft background papers, statements, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, queries of parties.
- Coordinates activities related to budget and funding for the Secretariat, including submissions, progress reports, financial statements; prepares related documents/reports for the work programme and budget.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field.
- A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area is required.
- Experience in coordinating or liaising with Member States, intergovernmental bodies or high-level government officials is required.
- Experience in writing project progress reports for project Steering Committees, Governance Bodies and Senior Management is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|