UNDSS Security Training Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNDSS Kenya looking for “Security Training Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 30 June 2023.
The Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) is a department of the United Nations providing professional safety and security services to enable the United Nations to deliver its programmes globally. UNDSS reports directly to the Secretary-General. UNDSS manages a network of security advisers, analysts, officers and coordinators in more than 100 countries in support of around 180,000 United Nations personnel, 400,000 dependents and 4,500 United Nations premises worldwide.
UNDSS Security Training Officer Jobs 2023
The UNDSS has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Security Training Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS)|
|Position||Security Training Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of five years|
|Application Deadline||30 June 2023|
UNDSS Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the Security Training Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Reviews and/or provides advice and support to managers and staff, including in agencies, funds and programmes, on security training related matters, i.e. interpretation and application/exceptions of security training policies, regulations, rules and procedures; recommends changes as required.
- Prepares special reports and participates and/or leads security training projects.
- Keeps abreast of developments in various areas of security training and learning.
- Supervises and monitors the work of the Team Assistants in carrying out all administrative transactions related to security training projects.
- Plans, organizes, develops, coordinates and administers examinations and tests related to training certification of professional, general service and other categories of security staff.
- Identifies and analyzes staff development and career support needs and designs programmes to meet identified needs. Prepares monitoring reports on staff development, and career support programmes
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in learning, security management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A first level degree or diploma from a police or military education institution in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of online, blended, and in person training programmes in security management or a related area is required.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in a multicultural and/or international work environment in a field mission or post-conflict environment outside home country is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in security risk management is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and fluency in French, Arabic or Spanish is desirable. Knowledge of another official United Nations Language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDSS Security Training Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 30 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|