UNON Engineer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNON Kenya looking for “Engineer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 May 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
UNON Engineer Jobs 2023
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 26 April 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Engineer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||A minimum of five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||23 May 2023|
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Examines, reviews and advises on project planning, site, design, logistics, services integration, construction, environmental aspects, maintenance and operations;
- Analyzes project proposals and change order requests to ensure technical feasibility and to ensure that project objectives are attainable within prescribed resources;
- Coordinates contracting activities, drafts documents to engage consultants, conducts technical assessment of received bids and change order requests during project execution;
- Manages the day to day work of contracted consultants, ensures compliance with contract and project obligations of timelines and budget;
- Reviews, evaluates and revises received reports, documents and other deliverables for quality, completeness, accuracy, feasibility and cost;
- Oversees financial aspects of the project, including validating estimates and payments;
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in architecture or engineering is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the management of architectural/ engineering large scale and complex projects is required.
- Experience in supervision of large scale and complex engineering projects is required.
- Experience in construction, major renovation or related projects/systems at international level is desirable.
- Experience with the United Nations Common System or other similar international organizations is desirable.
- Professional experience in management of engineering contracts and change order requests during execution phase are desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other UN official languages is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Engineer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 May 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|