UNON Security Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
UNON Kenya looking for “Security Coordination Officer”.
Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 16 June 2023.
The United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON) is one of four major United Nations office sites[a] where numerous different UN agencies have a joint presence. Established in 1996, it is the UN’s official headquarters in Africa. The United Nations Office at Nairobi also hosts the global headquarters for two programmes: the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP) and the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
UNON Security Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
The UNON has published a job vacancy announcement on 22 May 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Security Coordination Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Office at Nairobi (UNON)|
|Position||Security Coordination Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least five (5) years|
|Application Deadline||16 June 2023|
UNON Job Vacancy 2023
- Maintains continuing lines of communication with DSS and all other concerned offices involved in physical security arrangement to ensure maximum security coordination.
- Assesses prevailing local security conditions, identifying security trends and advising security personnel on potential security problems on the designing and construction of new buildings.
- Maintains construction site security by clearing and coordinating access to the construction site/s, providing oversight to and coordinating activities of project appointed DSS security officers and conducting physical security inspections of facilities in progress and completed.
- Coordinate the issuance of identity cards, submission of background checks, and entry control. Provide notification to relevant issues coming through the project team and provide support where possible to actions requested.
- Advises on, and supports, the inclusion of physical security and fire safety arrangement in all stages of the project activities and programmes. Provides advice and support to the project team responsible for security.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business or public administration, political/social science, psychology, criminal justice, law, international relations, security management, architecture or engineering or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. A first-level university degree may be substituted with a diploma from a police or military education institution, college or academy obtained over a minimum of a three-year period.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in military, police, security management preferably in the police or military context or related area are required.
- Command or management experience in the public, private or corporate sector is required.
- Experience in planning, design, implementation, or review of risk mitigation measures related to operations impacted by insecurity is desirable.
- Experience in a Security Management System within the United Nations or similar International Organizations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNON Security Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 June 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|