ACORD Driver Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. ACORD Uganda looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a “O” certificate of education may apply on or before September 15, 2023.
Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development Uganda (ACORD Uganda) is a National Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that has worked in Uganda since 1979 initially as an implementing arm of ACORD International.
In 2019, ACORD Uganda was formally registered as an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) with the National Bureau for NGOs in Uganda. ACORD Uganda aspires to contribute towards Uganda’s Development, Humanitarian response and to promote social justice for vulnerable communities and groups particularly the poor, children, youth and women.
ACORD Driver Jobs 2023
The ACORD has published a job vacancy announcement on September 05, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Agency for Cooperation in Research and Development (ACORD)|
|Total Vacant Post||02|
|Qualification||“O” certificate of education|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||September 15, 2023|
ACORD Job Vacancy 2023
Key duties and Responsibilities:
- Drives assigned vehicle safely while maintaining courtesy to the passengers and other road users.
- Provides logistical support to all project staff and official visitors to the project areas on official project activities.
- Carries out basic daily routine checks on vehicle maintenance, i.e., checking the oil, lighting, electrical, brakes and tire pressure.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records for all trips in the vehicle log sheet. The log sheet is updated for every destination/stop per trip.
- In liaison with the supervisor and manager responsible for the trip, coordinates movement schedule in the most effective way to avoid interruptions.
- Prepares a monthly vehicle maintenance, service and fuel consumption report and submits to the supervisor for verification by close of business every second day of every month, for the previous month.
- Ensures that the vehicle is always fueled at designated fueling station with the minimum level of fuel (quarter tank).
- Maintains an up-to-date record of vehicles servicing, insurance and brings to the attention of the supervisor date of the next services and or renewal.
- Immediately reports any incidents and or accidents, using the relevant reporting forms, within 24 hours of incident or accident.
- Always maintains vehicle cleanliness both inside and outside.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the vehicles assigned at all times and that of the passenger(s), vehicle accessories and or goods therein.
- Observes and always adheres to traffic rules
- Always ensures safe custody of the fuel card under driver’s care
- Monitors and verifies that all required repair works are done to satisfaction before the related payment is made.
- Supports technical staff work while in the field.
- Other relevant tasks as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Driver
- Organization: ACORD Uganda
- Reports to: Human Resource & Administrative Officer-OVC WEST
- CENTRAL ACTIVITY
- Program/Project: USAID OVC West Central
- Location: Kampala
- “O” certificate of education.
- A clean valid driving license for classes A, B and C. DL.
- A minimum of three (3) years hands on experience in a similar position in an international NGO, a recognized institution.
- Experience of working in terrain regions.
- Good knowledge in mechanics
- Must have passed Ministry of Works and Transport competence driving test.
- Defensive driving certificate is an added advantage
- MUST be a Ugandan National.
Key Behaviors and Abilities:
- Exhibit high levels of team work
- Good communicator and proficient in English
- High integrity and discipline
- Experience in working with a diverse staff in challenging situations.
- She/he should have demonstrated understanding of transportation; She/he will have demonstrated skills to work in project teams.
- Ability to multi Task and work under pressure to deliver results
- Familiarity with project geographical areas
- Effective Interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English in both oral and written communication.
- Willingness to support ACORD’s mission
How to Apply ACORD Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://acorduganda.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/JD-Driver-OVC-23.pdf
The Closing Date: September 15, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Send CV and Application Letter to email@example.com to apply.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|