Action in Africa Scholarship Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Action in Africa Uganda looking for “Scholarship Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before April 17, 2023.
Action in Africa (AIA) is a community-based organization whose mission is to advance the economic and personal development of community members in Nakuwadde, Uganda through greater access to education and other life-changing resources. Because AIA’s programming has evolved in response to feedback from the community, the variety of programs and services we offer are as numerous as they are diverse. Our programming can be organized into three major initiatives: Primary Partnership Program, Community Programs, and Scholarships. Under each of these major initiatives are services designed for our dynamic community and its varied needs.
Action in Africa Scholarship Assistant Jobs 2023
The Action in Africa has published a job vacancy announcement on April 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Scholarship Assistant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||Action in Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||April 17, 2023|
Action in Africa Job Vacancy 2023
- Assisting with the application process for scholarships, including reviewing and processing applications, and communicating with applicants and their families.
- Maintaining accurate records of scholarship recipients, including their contact information, academic progress, and financial information in our online database, Monday.com.
- Scanning and filing hard copy scholarship documents.
- Communicating with scholarship recipients and their families to ensure they are aware of the terms and conditions of the scholarship and provide any necessary
- support or information.
- Assisting with the selection process for scholarship recipients, including reviewing applications and interviewing candidates.
- Assisting AIA’s accountant with the disbursement of scholarship funds to recipients, including tracking payments and providing students with tuition receipts.
- Supporting the Scholarships Manager in mobilizing and communicating with parents.
- Coordinating with external facilitators during the internship programme.
- Developing an internship plan and participating in the orientation of AIA interns.
- Coordinating the University students’ work with the PPP team during the Holiday program
- Providing support to the Scholarship Manager as needed, including event planning and coordination, research, and other tasks as assigned.
- Managing any special events including (but not limited to) setting up the stage for events and inventories.
Position in Organization:
- Position: Scholarship Assistant
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
- Reports To: Scholarship Manager
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, or Social Sciences or an equivalent qualification
- 3 years of professional relevant experience in managing scholarships projects in an NGO or CBO setting.
- Knowledge and evidence in Data Entry and managing spreadsheets at a large scale
- Knowledge of Luganda (Written and Speech) is highly required.
- Knowledge of higher education scholarship services and programs
- Prior knowledge in managing data entry of student-based records
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, especially while interaction with students and co-workers. Supervisory skills and general knowledge of personnel management
- Evidence of strong counselling skills to assist students who have unique needs or exceptional circumstances
- Understanding of University policies and governmental regulations as they pertain to scholarships, and other requirements
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Excellent written communications skills and attention to detail
How to Apply Action in Africa Scholarship Assistant Jobs 2023
Visit www.actioninafrica.com/careers to fill out an online application online and upload your CV and cover letter
Deadline for submitting applications: Monday, April 17, 2023
Start date: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
No phone calls or drop-in visits, please.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- Action in Africa Accountant Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Associate Community-Based Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Field Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Head of Field Office Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Protection Officer Jobs 2023
- UNHCR Driver Jobs 2023
- UNODC Public Information Assistant Jobs 2023
- UNODC Programme Officer Jobs 2023
- UNODC Programme Assistant Jobs 2023