UNICEF Supply and Logistics Assistant Jobs 2024 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
UNICEF Uganda looking for “Supply and Logistics Assistant”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before February 20, 2024.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Supply and Logistics Assistant Jobs 2024
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on February 08, 2024 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Supply and Logistics Assistant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
|Supply and Logistics Assistant
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five years
|February 20, 2024
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2024
The position performs all activities in compliance with the UNICEF Financial Rules and Regulations, including the applicable Supply & Logistics Guidelines & Procedures
- Support in contracting services to fulfill the requirements of the Supply Plan including conducting data review and analysis in the development of procurement strategies.
- Liaise with colleagues from respective programme sections in planning procurement and contracting initiatives, supporting development of relevant specifications, terms of reference, and logistics arrangements and timelines. From lessons learnt, contribute with good practices to strengthen sustainability of supply chains.
- Keep stakeholders/partners informed on the progress of procurement processes. Liaise with suppliers, ensuring timely follow-up on delivery schedules. Implement appropriate vendor management practices such as supply performance reviews.
- Regularly monitor dashboard reports and coordinate to ensure necessary supply action is taken in a timely manner in support of UNICEF Programmes.
- Support in conducting local market surveys on ongoing and regular basis for identification of potential suppliers to procure the goods and services at competitive costs.
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 569519
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Duty Station: Kampala
- Level: G-5
- Location: Uganda
- Categories: Supply Management, Transportation
- Completion of secondary education with additional training in Business or equivalent.
- Five years relevant working experience in Supply & Logistics operations or similar.
- Demonstrated knowledge in complex operations or a commercial context is required.
- Understanding of development and humanitarian work is an advantage.
- Fluency in English with knowledge of another UN language as an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of a range of specialized topics, including the relevant supply chain policies, partnership mechanisms, rules and regulations.
- High level of proficiency or skill is required in the interpretation and application of specialized rules and regulations to the particular circumstances of complex individual cases.
- Demonstrated understanding of the relevant supply chain processes and ability to consistently apply relevant policies, procedures and good practices in the daily work. Good judgement in order to handle complex cases including considerations for exceptions.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues and gain the assistance and cooperation of others in a team endeavor.
- Ability to use supply related modules within the UNICEF ERP system.
- Ability to establish priorities and plan his/her own work and plan, coordinate and monitor the work of those under his/her supervision.
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports or rationale for supply related decisions on key issues.
How to Apply UNICEF Supply and Logistics Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/569519
The Closing Date: February 20, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More jobs
- IGCP Head of Quality and Patient Experience Jobs 2024
- IGCP Head of Clinical Laboratory Services and Business Development Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Project Coordinator Jobs 2024
- MONUSCO Logistics Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNDP Programme Officer Jobs 2024
- UNDP WPS and Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs 2024
- UNOIOS Investigator Jobs 2024
- FAO Junior International Refugee Response Programme Specialist Jobs 2024