Alight Reception Center Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
Alight Uganda looking for “Reception Center Assistant”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 19, 2023.
Alight, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international non-profit, non-sectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia, and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti.
Alight Reception Center Assistant Jobs 2023
The Alight has published a job vacancy announcement on September 14, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Reception Center Assistant to be based in Kyangwali, Uganda.
|Position||Reception Center Assistant|
|Total Vacant Post||01|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||September 19, 2023|
Alight Job Vacancy 2023
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the hot meal preparation and provision at reception center level is done effectively.
- Regularly check the Reception Centre to ensure that there is enough space for accommodation for POCs.
- Coordinate with protection staff of ALIGHT, OPM and UNHCR in explaining to the new arrivals the process of relocation to settlements.
- Liaise with ALIGH protection and Community Service staff to provide special attention to UAM/SCs and persons with specific needs (PSNs) such as Disabled and elderly persons.
- Coordinate with ALIGHT / other Partner Protection /Community service staff for the receipt of the relocated Persons of Concern at Reception /Settlement, especially PSNs.
- Record and share the relocation Information actual and against target for onward submission.
- Coordinate with ALIGHTC, OPM and UNHCR staff to assist the new arrivals to Board BUSES/TRUCKS by calling their names and checking their presence as per the relocation list.
- Supervise Casual workers especially those assisting in Loading of Luggage and Shelter Pole distribution.
- Prepare timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Contribute to project planning, development of proposals and lessons learned processes.
- Prepare and submit weekly action plan to the supervisor.
- Adhere to the ALIGHT code of conduct.
Position in Organization:
- JOB CATEGORY: Program
- DUTY STATION: Kyangwali, UG
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
- SALARY SCALE: UGX 1,000,000 – 1,300,000 (Gross P/Month)
- DEADLINE: Sep 19, 2023 05:00 PM
- NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
- AGE LIMIT: Not Specified
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Arts and Development studies from recognized Institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of the local population and language.
- Fluency in Swahili is added advantage.
- Ability to ride a Motorcycle with a Valid License (Class A) is a MUST.
How to Apply Alight Reception Center Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://alight.hrmagic.co/careers/job?id=OTQw
The Closing Date: September 19, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|