FAO South Africa looking for “Programme Assistant”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before 25th January 2024.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Programme Assistant Jobs 2024
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 08th January 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Assistant to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
|Johannesburg, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 04 years
|25th January 2024
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist in programme administration and responsible for up-to-date maintenance and accurate financial records of all disbursements and receipts under the SFS-REOSA portfolio:
- Assist the procurement process by preparing and submitting requisitions, checking the status of existing requisitions against issued purchase orders.
- Process programme payments and follow up on invoices ensuring that the budget limits, threshold and the rules and regulations are respected.
- Reconcile expenditures, balances, payments statements and other day to day transactions including any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with team members and/or vendors/ service providers.
- Review, prepare and process disbursement vouchers.
- Monitor the project reports (Project status report, financial statement, and transaction listing) and maintain continuing awareness of accounts balances of the projects under the REOSA Programme; ensure all calculations and data entries are correct and process corrective actions in the system.
- Reconcile programme cash advances, OPC, Petty Cash through FAO Account and keep outstanding cash advance record and follow up with the team to settle.
- Support the management and control of equipment and purchased goods.
- Maintain up to date inventory of SFS-REOSA assets, including vehicles and office equipment.
- Be responsible for the daily office management and the management of funds, personnel, and other Project resources.
- Prepare monthly financial reports and periodicals according to FAO standards.
- Ensure that all justifications of expenses are recorded and presented in the right format, exact time, according to FAO rules.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- University Degree in Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a relevant field.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in general project/office administrative and operations activities.
- National of South Africa or resident in the country with a valid work permit.
- Working knowledge of English.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Ability to write briefs and reports.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Previous work experience with UN agencies is preferred.
- Ability to work in a multi-national and multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal direct supervision.
- Effective communication skills- written and oral
- Strong skills in word processing and spreadsheet software computer are required.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Ability to organize meetings and workshops.
- Duration: Up to 11 months with possibility of extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply FAO Programme Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/career………
The Closing Date: 25th January 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy