ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. ILO South Africa looking for “National Project Officer“. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14th April 2023.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 17th March 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of National Project Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
|Recruiter||International Labour Organization (ILO)|
|Position||National Project Officer – NOA (DC)|
|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum 02 years|
|Application Deadline||14th April 2023|
Description of Duties
- Ensure effective management including planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project’s activities in accordance with the ILO policies, programme and using the ILO administrative and financial procedures of the ILO.
- Provide timely, accurate and pertinent information on programme and budget matters for operational decision-making purposes through the strategic use of the results-based management. Use baselines, milestones and indicators to measure, analyze and report on performance. Monitor and verify accuracy of data.
- Review and analyses South Africa social and economic development plans and policies, legislation, socio-economic data, national development strategies, reports and other information relevant to the implementation of the project activities, with emphasis on the policies and regulations relevant to the fight against child labor, in particular the National Action Plan to eliminate child labor. Provide written analysis of the findings and regularly prepare brief to reflect updates, changes and current situation.
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc progress notes on the status of the Project’s implementation and coordinate with concerned tripartite and other partners in the country, relevant UN agencies to ensure strong sustainability of the outputs.
- Contribute to the development or adjustment of training material, particularly by providing information and recommendations on the local context and challenges. Promote ILO principles and standards during this development.
- Prepare terms of references for external collaborators, identify consultants for conducting certain project activities, prepare cost estimation and provide support for preparing contracts and provide guidance and assess their work.
- Monitor the implementation and ensure the completion of contracts; identify difficulties and propose solutions based on reports and undertake field missions in relation to project implementation.
- Supervise the Finance and Administrative Assistant and undertake performance appraisals
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc visits to monitor project activities and ensure quality delivery and compliance with ILO guidance.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
- First level university degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Development studies or related field and strong knowledge on development issues particularly in South Africa.
- At least one to two years of experience in project management, administration and implementation of grant/cooperative agreement requirements (including meeting deadlines, achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports to the project donor).
- Technical requirements: Work experience in the field of labour law and/or human rights or a relevant field at national level. Expertise in child labour would be a strong asset
- Excellent command of English and good knowledge of local languages.
- Vacancy No: DC/PRETORIA/NO/2023/01
- Job ID: 10547
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: DWT/CO-Pretoria
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.ilo.org/job/Pretoria-National-Project……….
The Closing Date: 14th April 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- World Bank Energy Specialist Jobs 2023
- FSC Certification Officer Jobs 2023
- FLOCERT Senior Credibility Assurance Officer Jobs 2023
- UNDP Programme Associate Jobs 2023
- United Nations Secretariat Digital Communications and Social Media Consultant Jobs 2023
- FHI 360 Senior Clinical Research Associate Jobs 2023
- IUCN Finance Assistant Jobs 2023