FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Natural Resources Management Specialist”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before November 22, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on November 08, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Natural Resources Management Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
|Natural Resources Management Specialist
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Seven years
|November 22, 2023
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supports the delivery of the Zimbabwe Country Programme Framework focusing on sustainable management of natural resources and environmental protection
- Provides technical support to NRM projects and initiatives (forestry/Sustainable Land Management/environment/climate change and wildlife) at Zimbabwe country office in collaboration with technical staff at both country office and SFS (Forestry Officer). Specifically this entails project identification, project formulation, implementation and monitoring
- Liaise with relevant government departments on all programming issues to ensure buy-in, national ownership, and alignment with national priorities.
- Assists in the preparation of thematic reports for the programme of work as required by various stakeholders (donors, Government, FAO units).
- Contributes to resource mobilization efforts required to meet CPF targets
- Supports the mainstreaming and integration of environment and natural resources management into other projects and identify opportunities to create synergies
- Perform other duties as required
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 07/Nov/2023
- Closure Date: 22/Nov/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 12 months renewable
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- Advanced university degree in Development Studies, Natural Resources and Environmental Economics, Project Management or related discipline
- 7 years of relevant experience in project coordination and support
- Working knowledge of English
- National of Zimbabwe
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge of corporate information systems
- Good analytical and writing skills
- Good knowledge of communication and documentation standards
How to Apply FAO Natural Resources Management Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2303377
The Closing Date: November 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy