FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs.
FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Procurement Officer”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 29, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on September 07, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Procurement Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum Five years
|September 29, 2023
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of significant complexity;
- Advises requisitioning units on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle, meeting objectives under tight deadlines;
- Prepares solicitation process, identifies method of solicitation, drafts tendering documents, identifies sourcing strategy and distributes invitations to tender, also using e-tendering system and supports bid/proposals evaluations while ensuring the solicitation process is fair, objective and transparent and that it follows the general principles, as set forth in the FAO Manual Section;
- Prepares and presents cases to the relevant Procurement Committees;
- Participates in and conducts site inspections, bidder’s conferences and contract negotiations;
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments; researches and analyses statistical data and market reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and availability of goods and services;
- Contributes to updating procurement policies and related tools, provides procurement reporting as well as clarification/information for auditing purposes;
- Ensures the full implementation of corporate initiatives in accordance with the Corporate Environmental Responsibility Strategy to reduce emissions, increase efficiency and integrate sustainability and in line with the Strategy for Sustainability Management in the UN System 2020-2030;
- Participates in the development of training and related training materials and promotes best practices and capacity development at FAO headquarters and the Decentralized Offices;
- Provides guidance to new/junior staff and stakeholders, ensures entry of accurate data using the Organizations ERP and related systems;
- Makes initial determinations and recommendations concerning disputes or claims arising from contractual instruments or procurement processes;
- Prepares monitoring reports, reviews and analyses data and make recommendations based on findings;
- Performs other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 07/Sep/2023
- Closure Date: 29/Sep/2023, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: SFS
- Job Type: Staff position
- Type of Requisition: Professional Project
- Grade Level: P-3
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: Fixed-term: 1 year with possibility of extension
- Post Number: 2009834
- CCOG Code: 1A09
- Advanced university degree in law, business/public administration, finance, economics, commerce, marketing or a related field and five years of relevant experience in procurement related activities with at least two in public procurement; OR
- A first-level degree in law, business/public administration, finance, economics, commerce, marketing or a related field, seven years of relevant experience in procurement related activities with at least two in public procurement; and completion of professional qualification from an internationally recognized body such as CIPS4, MCIPS, FCIPS or other UN-wide recognized certifications.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another official FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions;
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of the Corporate Environmental Responsibility;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards and of all phases of international procurement techniques and operations used in contracting for a diverse range of goods and services;
- Extent and relevance of experience in public sector procurement dealing with complex contractual issues including revising, drafting of contract, formulating options and proposing recommendations;
- Extent and relevance of experience in identifying clients’ procurement-related needs and in providing support and guidance from clients point of view;
- Demonstrated ability to draft complex documents in English is considered a strong asset.
How to Apply FAO Procurement Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2302715
The Closing Date: September 29, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Zimbabwe NGO Forum Jobs 2023
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy