UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Research Consultant”.
Applicants with a Master’s Degree may apply on or before September 21, 2023.
The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA or ECA) was established in 1958 by the United Nations Economic and Social Council to encourage economic cooperation among its member states (the nations of the African continent) following a recommendation of the United Nations General Assembly. It is one of five regional commissions.
UNECA Research Consultant Jobs 2023
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on September 16, 2023 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Consultant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)|
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five (05) Years|
|Application Deadline||September 21, 2023|
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the guidance of the Chief of the Demographic and Social Statistics Section/ACS and Chief of GEWES (Task Managers), the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Capacity Building for Gender Statistics and Monitoring Systems (CB-GenSMS) Project
- Support the National Gender Monitoring and Reporting Systems workstream by:
- Preparing technical materials to guide national consultants to conduct situation analyses of the gender monitoring systems, including questionnaire, outline for Gender Fact Sheets and outline of the gender status report.
- Organizing orientation session for national consultants in the use of technical materials to undertake situational analyses in the four target countries.
- Providing supervision and technical support to the national consultants to produce high quality reports.
- Reviewing and providing comments on the work of national consultants.
- Providing statistical inputs for the preparation of regional reports.
- Organizing and participating in technical support missions to project countries.
- Provide project coordination support to the Project Implementation Team to ensure effective project implementation and monitoring by:
- Supporting the Project Implementation Team to coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the project.
- Preparing and distributing regular progress reports and updates to the Project Implementation Team.
- Scheduling and organizing project meetings to assess team members’ needs, project requirements and mission and activity planning, and monitor progress.
- Preparing and distributing minutes for all meetings of the Project Implementation Team.
- Undertaking other project-related activities.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Research Consultant (Capacity Building for Gender Statistics and Monitoring Systems in Burundi, Mozambique, South Sudan and Zimbabwe)
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 15 September 2023 – 21 September 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-218169-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Statistics, Economics or Demography or in a suitably relevant field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years proven experience in management of large databases, data and trends analyses, and data visualization using Microsoft Excel or other similar tools, is required.
- Previous experience in similar assignments in gender statistics is desirable.
- Familiarity with the African Gender and Development Index, Africa Gender Index or similar gender indices is desirable.
- English and French are the working language of the United Nations. For this consultancy assignment, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the other language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNECA Research Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: September 21, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|