WHO Analytics Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs.
WHO Kenya looking for “Analytics Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 07 July 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
WHO Analytics Officer Jobs 2023
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 June 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Analytics Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum of 7 years|
|Application Deadline||07 July 2023|
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Purpose of the Position: The primary objective of this position is to routinely monitor the implementation of IDSR and epidemiological surveillance by Member states, by analyzing weekly reports, extracting meaningful data points, and providing appropriate interpretations of epidemiological data for timely detection of public health events.
Description of Duties:
- Establish early warning systems for epidemic and pandemic-prone diseases for early detection and response to public health events of national and international concern
- Conduct real-time analysis of IDSR weekly reports, outbreak intelligence data on infectious diseases, for epidemic forecasting and detection
- Monitor and evaluate the core surveillance, alert and response capacities for event detection, verification and response in accordance with the core requirement for implementation of IHR 2005
- Collaborate with the national health authorities to develop appropriate plan of action for building the core surveillance, alert and response capacities in accordance with the requirement for IHR 2005
- Provide technical expertise to develop cross-border plans and programmes for strengthening epidemiological and laboratory surveillance system for prevention and control of disease with epidemic and pandemic potentials in accordance with IHR 2005
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology or Public Health
- At least a minimum of 7 years’ experience in disease surveillance, prevention and control, with at least 3 years practical experience in disease prevention and control programs at subnational and national level. Proven experience and knowledge of implementing IDSR at country level. Practical working use of advanced statistical software packages (e.g., R, STATA, SAS) for epidemiological analysis during emergencies will be an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO Analytics Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 July 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|