SNV Consultant for Biodigester Market Development Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs.
SNV Uganda looking for “Consultant for Biodigester Market Development”.
Applicants with a University Degree may apply on or before September 22, 2023.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is a not-for-profit international development organisation, established in the Netherlands in 1965. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, SNV makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services.
SNV Consultant for Biodigester Market Development Jobs 2023
The SNV has published a job vacancy announcement on September 15, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant for Biodigester Market Development to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV)|
|Position||Consultant for Biodigester Market Development|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||September 22, 2023|
SNV Job Vacancy 2023
Specific objectives and scope of the feasibility study
The feasibility study will be undertaken with the following specific objectives:
- Assessment of cooking energy situation in rural and urban areas of South Sudan, with existing solutions and their usage or market growth trends as well as usage of organic and chemical fertilisers in the country, through secondary data collection and analysis.
- Assessment of the technical feasibility for cattle dung-based household biodigester technology promotion in South Sudan, particularly though collection and analysis of relevant secondary data on smallholder farmers with more than 4 adult cattle head, water availability and climatic conditions, etc. to establish an estimated number of technically feasible number of households for biodigester construction/installation.
- Assessment of the existing biodigester promotion status, including number of household and other biodigesters constructed or installed and their operational status, through collection of secondary data or conducting interviews with relevant actors at the national level.
- Mapping of existing and potential key actors in development of biodigester market in the country, including the private sector biodigester companies or individuals, national and sub-national government agencies, civil society organisations as well as other support organisations around credit financing, capacity development etc.
- Mapping of existing and potential national or sub-national policies, institutions, programmes or strategies as well as presence and interest of interested donors or the project activities in the country, which could support biodigester promotion linking with energy, agri-food, or climate angles.
- Analysis and presentation on overall opportunities and challenges in promotion of biodigester technology and the market development in the whole country or certain areas of it.
- Final analysis and conclusions in terms of the feasibility and appropriate recommendations, as the way forward, if feasible.
Position in Organization:
- Kampala, Uganda
- Contract type: Consultancy
- The consultant must have at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of studies like engineering, economics, finance, or management.
- The consultant shall have a minimum of ten years’ experience in Programme/project research in an international development context, and renewable energy sector in Africa, preferably in East Africa. At least two years of experience must be in the biodigester or another rural decentralised energy sector.
- The consultant must have a strong background conducting feasibility studies, demonstrated capabilities and experience working or conducting donor-funded development feasibility studies.
- Demonstrated ability to design and plan high-quality feasibility study approaches and methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Demonstrated ability to design, manage and implement feasibility study in potentially challenging environments, conflict-hit communities.
- Design and manage data and information systems capable of handling large datasets for monitoring and research purposes.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and respond to requests and feedback provided timely and appropriately. Ability to provide practical conclusions and strategic recommendations to key stakeholders is very important.
- Be willing to sign a contract after a satisfactory inception report has been provided and not before and demonstrate that they can work within the tight timelines of the assignment.
Requisite administrative (documents) Requirements
- Recent tax clearance/Tax compliance certificate issued not earlier than June 2023.
- Certificate of registration including Tin number and certificate of incorporation.
- Valid trading license/ operating permit
- Articles and memorandum of association clearly showing directors.
- Company profile including physical address of the offices.
How to Apply SNV Consultant for Biodigester Market Development Jobs 2023
Interested and qualified consultants who meet the above requirements are asked to submit the following.
- A narrative/technical proposal which should include consultant(s) very clear, detailed understanding and interpretation of the TORs, a thorough methodology and a detailed schedule.
- A financial proposal indicating fees for the consultancy and applicable taxes.
- Updated CVs/Profiles of not more than 4 pages that clearly show the qualification and experience of the lead consultant and his/her team.
- Contacts of three organisations recently worked with-clearly similar work.
- Technical proposal content should not exceed 20 pages (Times New Roman font 11 should be used) and financial proposal should not exceed 2 pages.
- Annexes and cover pages/information not requested or asked for should not be attached to the proposals.
- Please strictly adhere to the ToRs requirements and application procedure. Your proposal will not be considered if the ToRs requirements and application procedure have not been adhered to and should be submitted once in Microsoft word or portable document file only.
- Any late submissions shall not be considered.
Deadline for submissions
Applications should be sent no later than 22nd September 2023 at 5 pm East African time.
The technical and financial proposal should be sent separately through email; email@example.com Please include consultancy- Cross Border South Sudan ABC -UG in the subject line.
|Related Jobs||Uganda NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|
View More Jobs
- SNV Consultant for Marketing Strategies support Jobs 2023
- IOM Movement Operations Manager Jobs 2023
- ILO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
- WFP Business Support Assistant Jobs 2023
- Right To Play Logistics Assistant Jobs 2023
- CIP Junior Research Assistant – Data Management Jobs 2023
- Alight Reception Center Assistant Jobs 2023
- IRC Pharmacy Technician Jobs 2023