IFC South Africa looking for “Senior Investment Officer”.
Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 16th February 2024.
The International Finance Corporation is an international financial institution that offers investment, advisory, and asset-management services to encourage private-sector development in less developed countries. The IFC is a member of the World Bank Group and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. in the United States.
IFC Senior Investment Officer Jobs 2024
The IFC has published a job vacancy announcement on 02nd February 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Investment Officer to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
|International Finance Corporation (IFC)
|Senior Investment Officer
|Johannesburg, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum 12 years
|16th February 2024
Duties and Accountabilities
- Originate, execute, and manage a pipeline of mandates and programs in PPPs across the region in the infrastructure and public services sectors with a good balance between strategic priorities, geographic distribution and country mix.
- Assist in implementation of IFC’s strategy by developing new products, coordinating with IBRD and IFC’s upstream units to ensure private sector investments are prioritized through PPPs, where feasible.
- Develop/update the sub regional strategy for CTA’s business in South Africa, in partnership with the Country Managers, Industry Departments and where applicable, the World Bank with a focus to scale up the business in line with CTA’s strategic priorities, mobilization of private investment, climate-friendly and high impact projects.
- Foster strong relationships with World Bank Group counterparts to identify collaboration opportunities and to enhance business delivery at the country level.
- Lead the day-to-day management of project teams working on sell-side PPP mandates, including review and quality assurance of legal and technical outputs, documentation and financial models.
- Analyze structure, develop innovative PPP projects and present recommendations to management and clients. Manage client expectations and provide appropriate advice as necessary through proposing practical solutions.
- Manage marketing of project concepts to bidders, completing roadshows, prequalification, tendering and award, and the final negotiation of project agreements leading to financial close.
- Lead negotiations on the documentation with bidders; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in transactions.
- Coordinate closely with other parts of IFC including environmental, social, legal, other advisory, investment and World Bank colleagues to provide bespoke solutions to our clients to achieve sustainable development impact.
- Present thought leadership papers and activities both internally and externally.
- Develop, coach, motivate and manage junior members of the team.
- Assist in other project or strategy related activities as the need may arise.
- MBA or equivalent Master’s degree in Finance or other relevant qualification.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant experience in PPP transaction advisory on buy and/or sell side, investment banking, project finance or corporate finance with a leading institution.
- Strong grasp of legal documentation including risk allocation related to PPP projects including concessions and privatizations.
- Proven track-record of originating, advising, structuring and executing infrastructure transactions.
- Strong financial, modeling, credit and structuring skills; demonstrated ability and experience of leading a variety of complex advisory, debt and equity transactions.
- Ability to think outside the box to develop innovative solutions and challenge the status quo to build the business.
- Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior government officials, donors, financial and technical partners as well as senior private sector investors in the infrastructure space.
- Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners, strong business development and client relationship skills.
- Knowledge of overall industry sector trends and sector developments in Africa region.
- Well-developed relationships at senior level with investors working in the infrastructure sector across Africa.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record of working with as well as leading, motivating and managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- work under pressure and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives.
- Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required.
- Highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development and alignment with the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values
- Previous PPP transaction advisory work experience in the region is desirable.
- Building organizational capacity through system and process improvements to improve execution timelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Knowledge of Portuguese is preferred.
- Job #: req26015
- Sector: Investment
- Grade: GG
- Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IFC Senior Investment Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/career………
The Closing Date: 16th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy