UNESCO South Africa looking for “Regional Communications Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 15th February 2024.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialised agency of the United Nations aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture.
UNESCO Regional Communications Officer Jobs 2024
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st February 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Communications Officer to be based in South Africa.
|United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
|Regional Communications Officer
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced university degree
|Minimum 04 years
|15th February 2024
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2024
Overview of the Functions of the Post: The position falls under the overall authority of the Assistant Director-General for Education, guidance from the Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for Southern Africa, and the direct supervision of the Team Leader (Education for Health and Well-being). The Regional Advocacy and Communications Officer will be responsible for the effective planning, implementation and monitoring of the Education for Health and Wellbeing (EHW) Advocacy and Communications portfolio, specifically, the “Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future” (O3) Programme, supported by Sweden among other donors. S/he will design and execute strategic communications campaigns and initiatives to promote awareness, acceptance, and uptake of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) policies, programmes, and services in the region. Leveraging deep knowledge of the cultural context and communications landscape, the Regional Advocacy and Communications Officer will craft compelling messaging and content to engage key target audiences, including young people, policymakers, community leaders, civil society and the general public. S/he will build partnerships, activate influencer networks, secure media coverage, and pioneer creative storytelling approaches to shift mindsets and behaviours related to SRHR. The role offers substantial scope for innovation and shaping the advocacy agenda.
- An advanced university degree (equivalent to Masters) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Political Science or relevant Social Sciences.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in designing and implementing communications strategies, campaigns and engaging diverse stakeholders, of which preferably 2 years acquired at international level.
- Proven experience implementing behaviour change communications programmes, ideally focused on SRHR, education or public health in developing contexts.
- Experience in working with diverse institutions, such as civil society, multi-lateral agencies, and non-government organizations.
- Proven experience navigating communications in complex and opposing public environments (e.g. opposition/mis-dis-information and/or sensitivities).
- Proven success securing positive media coverage and shifting narratives through communications efforts.
- Experience working with both traditional media (print, radio, television) and social media.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; ability to craft compelling, persuasive messaging.
- Proven knowledge of health education, CSE, SRHR and/or public health.
- Strong storytelling skills to develop engaging narratives.
- Strong project management and coordination skills to manage complex initiatives under tight deadlines.
- Digital media expertise across social platforms, websites, analytics, and emerging technologies.
- Relationship building and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Cultural awareness to connect across diverse communities.
- Credibility and confidence, with high level representational and partnership building skills, involving a wide range of partners (including relevant Ministries, UN Agencies, donors, and civil society).
- Experience working with diverse institutions, such as civil society, multi-lateral agencies, and non-government organizations, to strengthen their capacity and opportunities to engage in dialogue/advocacy with policymakers.
- Adaptability to thrive in fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative team player mentality.
- Excellent knowledge (oral and written) of English.
- French will be an added advantage.
- Post Number: 6ZAED 0016PA
- Grade: P-3
- Type of Contract: Project Appointment
- Duration of Contract: 1 year
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNESCO Regional Communications Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job………
The Closing Date: 15th February 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy