Save the Children Senior Program Manager Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
Save the Children Ethiopia looking for “Senior Program Manager”.
Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 17th February, 2024.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international, non-government operated organization. It was founded in the UK in 1919, with the goal of helping improve the lives of children worldwide. The organization helps to raise money to improve children’s lives by creating better educational opportunities, better health care, and improved economic opportunities.
Save the Children Senior Program Manager Jobs 2024
The Save the Children has published a job vacancy announcement on 09th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Senior Program Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Save the Children
|Senior Program Manager
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of Ten (10) Year’s
|17th February, 2024
Save the Children Job Vacancy 2024
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Play the key leadership role and be responsible for overall implementation and management of all aspects of the project at regional levels as per the design to meet the intended ECSC-SUN programme objective, outcomes and outputs. That includes providing overall technical, administrative, operational, and logistical support to the ECSC-SUN regional leads, with a focus on achieving the key outcomes.
- Provide technical support for the start-up and implementation of the regional support platforms in Sidama region and strengthening in SNNPR, Sidama, Afar and Somali regions through supportive supervision, mentoring, coaching, review meetings, capacity building and learning visits.
- In consultation National Lead of ECSC-SUN, develop concept notes, proposals and budgets to be submitted for potential donors; develops log frame, detailed implementation plan and M&E plan as part of the proposal package and revise proposals to accommodate comments from coalition members and donors.
- Provide technical inputs to conduct mapping, capacity gap assessments and start-up of ECSC-SUN regional support platform; monitoring effective implementation of ECSC-SUN projects and ensure program performance is in line with the international and national standards.
- Engage in capacity building activities including training and knowledge transfer to ECSC-SUN regional leads, members, coordinate and technical lead the regional capacity building initiatives and provide support to the ECSC-SUN members agencies assigned to lead the coalitions effort in Somali, Afar and Tigray regions.
- Follow and the implementation of the planned activities of ECSC SUN project like the completion of the development of the strategic plans which are contracted out to be done by consultants.
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in ECSC- SUN General assembly, national and regional steering committee and thematic focus group meetings forums/meetings.
- Provision of support to regional food and nutrition implementing sectors and national nutrition program related demands raised by Regional Health Bureau and other food and nutrition implementing regional sectors.
- Provide technical support and coordinate the completion of National Food and Nutrition strategies development and initiate its implementation in Afar, Somali and Tigray regions.
- Provide technical support to Food and Nutrition council and agency/ coordination office establishment process in Somali, Afar, SNNP and Sidama regions through training and capacity building, as well as organizing workshops and meetings jointly with the regional leads that will be used to define the National Food and Nutrition Council’s strategic plan.
- Coordinate a series of meetings and workshops with ECSC-SUN regional lead agencies, Region Government officials and bureau staff in Afar and Somali regions to introduce the purpose and function of a civil society Regional Support Platform and establish Regional Civil Society Support platform.
- Lead the ECSC-SUN program’s financial and operational planning, including the joint annual work planning process with the regional leads and development of an appropriate exit strategy. Work closely with the ECSC-SUN secretariat technical team and field based ECSC-SUN regional support platform staff to ensure work plans are adequately resourced to deliver effectively.
- Regularly update detailed annual and periodic work plans with project implementation and ensure this is used by the ECSC-SUN regional support platform team and coalition members to monitor ECSC-SUN programme progress towards completion.
- Ensure approved project deliverables are completed within the agreed timescale and budget, reports are submitted as per the agreed schedule and formats and any other requirements or criteria are fulfilled as specified in signed agreements.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Senior Program Manager
- Job Identification: 6008
- Job Category: Business Support
- Posting Date: 08/02/2024, 14:24
- Apply Before: 17/02/2024, 14:23
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Locations: Addis Ababa
- Bachelor Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or related field; with a minimum of 10 years related work experience in the area of nutrition programme management and coordination;
- Experience in working with national and regional government counterparts, COSs and other partners at various levels with more focus in Somali, Afar, SNNP and Sidama regions within the framework of nutrition.
- Experience in program and budget management, monitoring, technical support, capacity-building and coordination
- Experience of coalition building, forum coordination and working with civil society actors to deliver change;
- Superior written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex arguments into accessible English for a non-specialist audience,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, excellent understanding of the global nutrition movements, sustainable development goal,
- Good presentation, training and facilitation skills; fluency in spoken and written English; good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word and databases)
- Knowledge of SNNPR, Somali, Afar and or Sidama languages is advantageous.
How to Apply Save the Children Senior Program Manager Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/6008
The Closing Date: 17th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- UNDP Head of Exploration Jobs 2024
- IRC Program Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Health Facility Solar Electrification Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Risk Communication and Community Engagement Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Vaccine Management and Logistics Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator Jobs 2024
- United Nations Secretariat Human Resources Officer Jobs 2024