United Nations Secretariat Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
United Nations Secretariat Ethiopia looking for “Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor”.
Applicants with an Advanced Degree may apply on or before 19th February, 2024.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor Jobs 2024
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 09th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Secretariat
|Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor – International Consultant
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|Minimum of Ten (10) Year’s
|19th February, 2024
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2024
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant work under the overall guidance of the RCO Partnerships Officer and in cooperation with the Leave No One Behind Working Group. He/she will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities: –
- Conducting desk review of existing data quality, consistency and completeness related to sub-populations, particularly those that may be left behind and developing a preliminary report on the gaps existing
- Gathering and analysing all data and information revealing gaps and trends in SDG implementation between sub-populations and/or geographic localities
- Consulting UN representatives (UNCT and/or LNOB WG members) as well as stakeholders such as national and regional authorities, CSOs, NGOs and development partners
- Complementing existing data to further understand which subpopulations may be left behind, and which ones are furthest behind, using participatory data collection methods
- Use the UN 5 circle criteria to identify groups that are left behind, and groups that are at the risk of being left behind.
- Establish a classification criterion and assess which regions, and which areas within the regions, are most “left behind”
- Data synthesis and the preparation of a draft paper
- Validation of the findings with representatives of excluded groups, national stakeholders, development partners, CSOs and the UNCT
- Integration of comments and suggestions as relevant into the final version of the paper.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor
- Job Opening ID: 226813
- Job Network: Economic, Social and Development
- Job Family: Population Affairs
- Category and Level: Consultants, CON
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: Resident Coordinator System
- Date Posted: Feb 9, 2024
- Deadline: Feb 19, 2024
- Advanced degree in development studies, public administration, economics or related social sciences.
- A minimum of ten years of professional experience in development work and research, including previous substantive involvement in development of strategic documents, reports, evaluations and/or reviews is required
- General knowledge of the UN system and UN common country programming processes is required;
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Leave No One Behind Assessment Advisor Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/226813?language=en
The Closing Date: 19th February, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- United Nations Secretariat Staff Assistant Jobs 2024
- WRI Administration Officer Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Senior Program Manager Jobs 2024
- UNDP Head of Exploration Jobs 2024
- IRC Program Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Health Facility Solar Electrification Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Risk Communication and Community Engagement Consultant Jobs 2024