United Nations Secretariat Staff Assistant Jobs 2024 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs.
United Nations Secretariat Ethiopia looking for “Staff Assistant”.
Applicants with a High School Diploma may apply on or before 09th March, 2024.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Staff Assistant Jobs 2024
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on 09th February, 2024 for qualified Ethiopia’s to fill in the vacant post of Staff Assistant to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|United Nations Secretariat
|Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
|Total Vacant Post
|High School Diploma
|Minimum of Seven (07) Year’s
|09th March, 2024
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2024
Within limits of delegated authority and under the direct supervision of the Head of Office, the Staff Assistant will carry out the following duties:
- Assists in the overall administration of the section/unit, i.e. provides substantive and administrative support in managing priorities and workflow of the manager and of the work unit; coordinates and monitors multiple and diverse activities and work processes to ensure that management directives and decisions are properly carried out and products delivered in a timely manner.
- Compiles and analyzes basic data from a variety of sources, summarizing and presenting conclusions for review by manager.
- Serves as a communications link between supervisor and senior staff; on behalf of supervisor, keeps others informed by conveying directives, reports, status updates and other relevant information; brings sensitive and urgent matters to the attention of the manager.
- Takes full responsibility for time management and scheduling on behalf of manager with appropriate consultation as required; effectively prioritizes and resolves related conflicts and competing demands.
- Undertakes representational duties on behalf of the manager, to include serving as first point of contact and liaison with senior officials internally and externally.
- Screens and prioritizes all incoming correspondence; compiles relevant background documents and references; identifies issues requiring the manager’s attention and refers others to relevant officer for appropriate disposition; monitors and follows-up on actions to be taken.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes background materials for use in preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, etc; scan reports from specialized agencies, as well as newspapers, magazine, periodicals and other information sources to identify articles of interest to the Special Envoy.
- Independently handles a wide range of complex information requests and inquiries (e.g. answer requests requiring file or other research); responds, or drafts responses, to a diverse range of correspondence and other communications.
- Supports the manager in presentations to intergovernmental bodies and other meetings, researching issues, preparing briefing notes, slides and subject files, gathering relevant documentation, etc.
- Establishes/improves administrative procedures and systems to ensure smooth functioning of the department, including filing (paper and electronic) systems.
- Organizes official receptions, meetings, etc., handling all necessary arrangements (e.g. room reservations, guest/participant lists, invitations, catering, seating arrangements, background documentation, special equipment, etc.).
- Prepares, processes and classifies confidential information.
- Handles a wide range of administrative duties/processes (e.g. leave and attendance records, timesheets, travel arrangements, visa applications, expense statements, telecommunications charges, equipment purchase, service and supply requisitions, conference room bookings, etc.).
- Exercises quality-control function for all outgoing documents; proofreads and edits texts for adherence for format, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Uses standard word processing package to produce a wide variety of large, complex documents and reports.
- Manages, updates and further develops internal databases; updates website; generates a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases.
- Assists with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
- Assists with visualizations and updating information material such as web pages or brochures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title: Staff Assistant
- Job Opening ID: 227781
- Job Network: Management and Administration
- Job Family: Administration
- Category and Level: General Service and Related Categories, G-6
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Department/Office: Office of the Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa
- Date Posted: Feb 9, 2024
- Deadline: Mar 9, 2024
- High school Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of seven 7 years progressively responsible experience in the field of administrative services or other related area is required.
- Experience supporting a high-ranking, senior official, in an international organization is desirable.
- Experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system such as Umoja or similar is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the advertised post, fluency in English, both oral and written is required; Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Staff Assistant Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearchDescription/227781?language=en
The Closing Date: 09th March, 2024.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Ethiopia NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy
View More Jobs:
- WRI Administration Officer Jobs 2024
- Save the Children Senior Program Manager Jobs 2024
- UNDP Head of Exploration Jobs 2024
- IRC Program Assistant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Health Facility Solar Electrification Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Risk Communication and Community Engagement Consultant Jobs 2024
- UNICEF Vaccine Management and Logistics Consultant Jobs 2024