UNODC South Africa looking for “Programme Officer”.
Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 01st March 2024.
The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime is a United Nations office that was established in 1997 as the Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention by combining the United Nations International Drug Control Program (UNDCP) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Division in the United Nations Office at Vienna, adopting the current name in 2002.
UNODC Programme Officer Jobs 2024
The UNODC has published a job vacancy announcement on 01st February 2024 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Officer to be based in Cape Town, South Africa.
|United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
|Cape Town, South Africa
|Total Vacant Post
|Advanced university degree
|Minimum 05 years
|01st March 2024
UNODC Job Vacancy 2024
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located in the Regional Office for Southern Africa (ROSAF) of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) in Cape Town, South Africa. This position operates under the Global Maritime Crime Programme (GMCP), Border Management Branch (BMB), Division for Operations (DO) of UNODC. The Programme Officer (GMCP, Indian Ocean West) will work under the overall guidance of the UNODC Representative for Southern Africa (ROSAF), the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator of GMCP, Indian Ocean West and in coordination with the Senior Programme Officer heading GMCP. The incumbent will also work in close cooperation with the GMCP team at UNODC headquarters located in Vienna.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in criminology, law, international relations, political science, regional or international security affairs, business administration, management or related field is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Job – Specific Qualification:
- A professional certification in project management is desirable.
- A professional certification in training is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in national and international project management, administration or related areas on topics dealing with crime and/or terrorism prevention, law enforcement or related area is required.
- Work experience in designing, planning, establishing and managing international training and capacity building programmes for maritime law enforcement is required.
- Work experience with projects designed to improve maritime and port security capabilities at an international level is desirable.
- Work experience in maritime law enforcement operations at sea and successful transitions of maritime crime cases to prosecution is desirable.
- Experience in supervising employment of maritime surveillance systems is desirable.
- Work experience within the United Nations system or similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Job Opening ID: 226482
- Job Network: Economic, Social and Development
- Job Family: Drug Control and Crime Prevention
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNODC Programme Officer Jobs 2024
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/jobSearch………
The Closing Date: 01st March 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|South Africa NGO Forum Jobs 2024
|More NGO Jobs
|Latest NGO Job Vacancy