UN Habitat Communication and advocacy specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Communication and advocacy specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 September 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Communication and advocacy specialist Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 September 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication and advocacy specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Recruiter||United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN Habitat)|
|Position||Communication and advocacy specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||At least two (2) years|
|Application Deadline||28 September 2023|
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Branch Chief in developing a narrative on SDG Localization and youth engagement for WUF 12.
- Support media outreach functions and promote media coverage related to specific stakeholder groups such as youth groups, women’s groups and Civil Society Organizations for WUF 12. Highlight the Branch’s work in relation to youth engagement and empowerment.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Branch Chief in relation to advocacy and communications for WUF12.
- Create compelling and innovative communication materials, including campaigns, social media content, podcasts, videos, and other multimedia assets, to raise awareness and generate interest in the initiative.
- Develop and implement two targeted campaigns in collaboration with young people to amplify their voices, ideas, and experiences and empower them to share their perspectives on urban development, healthy cities, and innovative solutions through various interactive platforms.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communications, marketing, journalism and international affairs is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with the two additional years of qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least four (4) years’ of progressively responsible work experience in media and strategic communications is required
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communication strategies and campaigns targeted towards youth audiences
- Strong knowledge of digital media platforms, social media trends, and innovative communication tools
- Proficiency in creating engaging multimedia content, including graphics, videos, podcasts, and written materials
English and French are the working knowledge of the United Nations Secretariat. For this post, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of any another UN language is an added advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Communication and advocacy specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 September 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
|Related Jobs||Kenya NGO Forum Jobs 2023|
|More NGO Jobs||Latest NGO Job Vacancy|